• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP44... what do i have here (+ questions)

at this point... im confident that thats what they are. which means ill probably have the right caliper mount and spindle. they look exactly like yours john... i even have the same rediculously huge caliper brackets. chevy 6 lug and 8 lug hubs should use the same spindle as ford 5 lug, where as the ford 8 lug is different, with a bigger hub. seeing as a buddies lock out fit the hub, im guessing this is all chevy stuff.

mystery solved!

but i cant use the ford stub shafts i have then, can i?

so after a look to make sure. i have the large bearing spindles. which makes sense with the 8 lug pattern. so i need the small bearing spindles. what bearings do i need? is there three total, two wheel bearings and the inner spindle?
BearingsDana44and60_xls_chart.GIF

ford rotors and hubs... correct?

the stub shafts i have are ford. will i need new ones running this setup?
model: long side - short side - stub shaft

F150: 18 29/32 - 33 29/32 - 9 23/32
F250: 18 5/8 - 34 3/4 - 10 21/32
Chevy: xxxxx - xxxxx - 9 15/16
FSJ: xxxxx - xxxxx - 9.93 (roughly 9 15/16)

obviously chevy is pass drop, and FSJ is a different width. but i i read on Mr.N's site to use the stub that matches the spindle. im assuming this is to make sure the snap ring fits? my axle came with all ford stuff... anyone running ford stubs on chevy knuckles? my axle has 1/2 axle tubes, and the HD housing, how can i verify that its not from a F250?

Yes ford 5x5.5 hub and rotor...last summer when I had my internship in Michigan I was collecting stuff for my waggy to 5x5.5 swap and found a salvage yard that the guy had bought bulk 5x5.5 hubs/rotors from Ford because of a recall for rotor warping on some vehicles so they pulled them all years ago, he had shelfs and shelfs of them sitting in an old building.... now if I could just remeber where that was...

Back