• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Point Out A XJer

Rev Den said:
Finding a XJer is easy.....just follow the oil drips.

Rev

Ain't that the truth
HPIM10972.jpg

Mine's the only one not marking it's territory, yet:rolleyes:

bjoehandley said:
We've got three, I can alway tell when one pulls up the drive...........

Add another.

I sit up and notice if a hear it driving by, starting up nearby, or even if I hear it on TV!

Here's a few more ways to spot another XJer...

He/She twitches and wants to slap someone when they see the XK/Commander.

They get annoyed whenever someone yaks about how the new JK has more rear cargo room than the XJ.

And...

Usually winds up nearly weeping whenever some television show blows up, rolls, or otherwise trashes a perfectly good Cherokee. (Smallville, 3rd Watch, etc...)

Yes, I'm guilty of all of the above.

:)

anyone who see's another XJ lifted and get a smile on their face probley knowing its not a Mall Queen like most lifted vehicles out there

1) Wakes up in the morning and checks :NAXJA:'s for sale forum for any new threads to see if there is something he needs yet he cannot afford to buy.
2) Checks periodicly throughout the day :NAXJA:'s for sale forums for any new threads to see if there is something he needs yet he cannot afford to buy.
3) Checks one last time in :NAXJA:'s for sale forum before he goes to bed only to find that there is about eight things he definatly needs yet he still can't afford to buy them but.....just for an evil minute or two he thinks to himself that he probably could buy a couple of those things if he went without electricity for about a month....then he snaps to it and thinks what the hell and sends a PM to the guys asking what it would cost to ship to his zip code JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY ONLY (yeah right) and then thinks "if shipping is only $3 bucks I'll do it and goes to bed only to get up and do it all over again.

Now that my friends I am guilty of...can you dig!:cool:

Last edited:
How about someone that just happens to find and park in open parking spots next to other xjs at the store? I might have been accused of that before...

GSequoia said:
He/She can tell a 4.0 is driving by outside without looking and also correctly identify a 4.0 by the sound of it starting, again without looking.
Definitely a rather distinct sound...

djblade311 said:
You might be an XJer if you always shake your head when a h2 drives by
Or how about if you randomly hate other vehicles because some of their owners don't wheel them...even if the vehicle itself does pretty good in the hands of someone who does wheel it...

Here's one from the drive into work this morning:

Spot a '97-up XJ a few cars ahead in another lane. Move over to get behind it; from the oval '4.0 Litre' badge on the back, it's either a 2000 or 2001 and really clean. Colour's Patriot Blue, so probably a 2000. No chrome licence plate plinth on the back, so not a Limited. Has the 8.25" axle. Pull up next to it; it's a Classic, no overhead console. Notice that there's a fairly cute redhead driving it and try to figure out the best way to signal a marriage proposal to her at 70mph. Then move forward to see if it has fog lights... :D

Back