• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Point Out A XJer

casm said:
Here's one from the drive into work this morning:

Spot a '97-up XJ a few cars ahead in another lane. Move over to get behind it; from the oval '4.0 Litre' badge on the back, it's either a 2000 or 2001 and really clean. Colour's Patriot Blue, so probably a 2000. No chrome licence plate plinth on the back, so not a Limited. Has the 8.25" axle. Pull up next to it; it's a Classic, no overhead console. Notice that there's a fairly cute redhead driving it and try to figure out the best way to signal a marriage proposal to her at 70mph. Then move forward to see if it has fog lights... :D

Ahh, so i'm not the only one tho starts trailin other XJ's on the highway.

Usually when i'm out runnin around with the family, my mom will ask me "what year is that one?" every time we see another XJ...:D

They get upset when they tell someone they have a Cherokee and that person says something like "Oh, my Dad has one; it has a V-8, a DVD player, ect.." and you have to explain that’s a Grand Cherokee.

Tired of explaining why a body lift will not work.

When they have to drive other vehicles they try to rest their hand on the shifter that is not there.

They use XJs as a form of currency “Man, I could have got ten jeeps for that one Escalade."

bjoehandley said:
We've got three, I can alway tell when one pulls up the drive...........
I love impressing my gf when i call a jeep from a different level in a parking garage...

Another XJer spotting trick....they get mad whether someone calls it a car or even a truck. They reply with "Its a JEEP"

91 Jeep Project said:
Guilty as well. I get all pissy too when they get off the highway before I can get next to them. My XJ turns into a ferrari when I see another lifted one in front of me.

Do you also get right up next to them and just ride side by side?

casm said:
If someone's driving an XJ or MJ, that's usually a sure sign :D

OK, OK. They're looking under every XJ and MJ in the junkyard for a D44.

OR looking under every stock xj you see in your college parking lot for a D44 and once it is found ask if they want to trade becuase they will never lift or wheel there xj.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Do you also get right up next to them and just ride side by side?

Yeah, hoping they will look over so I can wave. If they don't, they normally aren't a Jeep owner, they just own a Jeep.

I have always found there are two brands of people here. There are people who own Jeeps, and then there are Jeep owners.

We are the latter................:patriot:

I'm guilty of most on the list. However, when I had my YJ I enjoyed all the waves I got from fellow wrangler owners.

91 Jeep Project said:
I have always found there are two brands of people here. There are people who own Jeeps, and then there are Jeep owners.

Agreed.

Might throw that quote in my sig for a while...

Yeah, done just about everything on here. Biggest one: I was watchin Terminator 3 the other day - and right before the part where Arnold turns away from John Conner and goes on a rampage into the vehicles (all pre-'96 XJs), my dad looked at me in disbelief when I muttered "at least they could've spared one for parts and sold it to me."

Yeah, you know you've got a habit when you get sore that Hollywood just trashed something you could've used in a project.

The other note: when you're out in the snow, and you notice either an XJ towing someone out, or run into one in a gas station doing patrols (like you are) for stuck motorists. Just because they can.

signman2007 said:
1) Wakes up in the morning and checks :NAXJA:'s for sale forum for any new threads to see if there is something he needs yet he cannot afford to buy.
2) Checks periodicly throughout the day :NAXJA:'s for sale forums for any new threads to see if there is something he needs yet he cannot afford to buy.
3) Checks one last time in :NAXJA:'s for sale forum before he goes to bed only to find that there is about eight things he definatly needs yet he still can't afford to buy them but.....just for an evil minute or two he thinks to himself that he probably could buy a couple of those things if he went without electricity for about a month....then he snaps to it and thinks what the hell and sends a PM to the guys asking what it would cost to ship to his zip code JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY ONLY (yeah right) and then thinks "if shipping is only $3 bucks I'll do it and goes to bed only to get up and do it all over again.

Now that my friends I am guilty of...can you dig!:cool:

have you been watching me on the computer? get out of my yard!

so true

seanyb505 said:
Another XJer spotting trick....they get mad whether someone calls it a car or even a truck. They reply with "Its a JEEP"
Hey, I'm damn proud of my station wagon! If someone calls it an SUV or truck I correct them and let them know that its a station wagon damn it!

BlackSport96 said:
Hey, I'm damn proud of my station wagon! If someone calls it an SUV or truck I correct them and let them know that its a station wagon damn it!

Yes, because when tagging it as a "Station Wagon" with insurance saves a load!

(With insurance one of my Jeeps is classified as an SUV, the other a Station Wagon, otherwise it's the exact same coverage. The station wagon is a good deal cheaper.)

XJ'er= the guy under the YJ fixing it the right way for his buddy.
XJ'er= The one not too worried about being stranded because there is a tent, plenty of food, and even the dog in the back.

BlackSport96 said:
Now that I think about it, my Jeep is listed as a "Sport Wagon." I know its still a Jeep though.

pds84 said:
Yeah, done just about everything on here. Biggest one: I was watchin Terminator 3 the other day - and right before the part where Arnold turns away from John Conner and goes on a rampage into the vehicles (all pre-'96 XJs), my dad looked at me in disbelief when I muttered "at least they could've spared one for parts and sold it to me."

Yeah, you know you've got a habit when you get sore that Hollywood just trashed something you could've used in a project.

I cringe when I watch Gone In 60 Seconds and that Police XJ gets blown through the wall

casm said:
Here's one from the drive into work this morning:

Spot a '97-up XJ a few cars ahead in another lane. Move over to get behind it; from the oval '4.0 Litre' badge on the back, it's either a 2000 or 2001 and really clean. Colour's Patriot Blue, so probably a 2000. No chrome licence plate plinth on the back, so not a Limited. Has the 8.25" axle. Pull up next to it; it's a Classic, no overhead console. Notice that there's a fairly cute redhead driving it and try to figure out the best way to signal a marriage proposal to her at 70mph. Then move forward to see if it has fog lights... :D

Yessir!

Back