• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How bad is your 'hood?

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
I'm moving tomorrow morning, won't be back online for a few days. We have been renting a house in kind of the depressed part of town for 6 moths, when we moved up from New Mexico. We rented this place unseen after seeing it online, but we went through a large property management company so we figured we were OK. Not so, the house is a rat-hole in a terrible neighborhood.

These are my neighbors (till tomorrow)

the Whore- Lives directly accross the street from us, she's a single mother, sunken & bloodshot eyes, smokes like a chimney and has very loud phone conversations on the porch that would make a sailor blush. I'm convinced she is a (low-dollar) whore based on the low-riders coming and going at all hours.

Fat man- I was out with my son walking down the street a few weeks ago and this big, fat moron drives by real slow, doesn't even acknowledge my friendly wave. He parks on the street in front of his house, get out and takes a piss in the street before walking (waddling) into the house. Classy.

Fat kid- A few doors down, the kid is about 10, maybe 4-feet tall and must weigh 150#. Everytime I've seen him he has ho-hos and gatorade. Why do parents do this? Noisey, but only sort-a obnoxious.

Theiving brat- This little 5-yr old girl comes over to play with my 5-yr old daughter. Can't belive anything she says, we found out weeks after we met that she didn't even tell us her real name. One day after playing she decided to steal my son's bike, it was in the Fat Kids yard when we found it. A few days later she was over here and her mom came to get her telling her that her dad just got out of prison and wanted to see her. Hooray.

The rest of the neighborhood has been quiet while the World Cup is on, but my wife watch 4 cop cars surround a car and pull guns this afternoon about 2 blocks from home.

So anyway, we are glad to be moving on. We rented this house just long enough to shop for and buy a house and we are leaving none too soon.

EDIT:

Just as a side note, twice in the last 6 months I have had to grab a pistol and head out to make sure the roving pit-bulls don't try anything stupid. Nice dogs both times, but I don't take chances when I have 4 kids in the yard and two pits are running the steets.

Last edited:
Sounds nice.:scared: Just like the neighborhood I lived in, in Utica,NY. Glad to be coompletely out of that state. I live in the semi-boonnies now. Much nicer. JIM.

Amaizing, there are bad neighborhoods in Salt Lake City ?!!

I have lived in a couple awe inspiring places like that.

Last edited:
Jeez all I have are cranky old people, who dont like anything thats louder than they're little ford focus. Called the cops twice on us for taking our dune buggy and pocket bike to the field down the street and around a corner, I know they can barely hear it so I dont know why they care.

Chero-King said:
Jeez all I have are cranky old people, who dont like anything thats louder than they're little ford focus. Called the cops twice on us for taking our dune buggy and pocket bike to the field down the street and around a corner, I know they can barely hear it so I dont know why they care.

Because they don't feel included.

Also, don't be so sure they can't hear it. When you sit in a silent house, even the deaf ones can hear the mice crap.

With just the computers running, I can hear a getto car thumping 3-4 blocks away.

Zuki-Ron said:
Because they don't feel included.

Also, don't be so sure they can't hear it. When you sit in a silent house, even the deaf ones can hear the mice crap.

With just the computers running, I can hear a getto car thumping 3-4 blocks away.

Yeahh Im also the hated one on my street because I always have loud "toys". S
since I moved here around 5 or 6 years ago i've driven down the street on more than one occasion... a dune buggy, 2 dirtbikes (one 2 two-stroke 125 wth no silencer) a pocket bike(several times), 2 quads, and a snowmobile(in the winter of course).

So I guesse I dont blame them for hating us. :D

Last edited:
Let's see...

Four doors down: constant parade of kids in and out picking up their booze and smokes.

Above that one: crack cooker.

Six doors down: Child molester (convicted and registered), he's been close to going "swimming" a few times. (10 of the fucks in a six block area.)

Two buildings over: Steady flow of cars that stop in the street while one runs in and buys some drugs.

Diagonally across street: Crazy lady who stands outside at all hours shouting at the wind.

One block down: Another drug house.

Somewhere in the area: Someones cooking meth.

Everyone watches their registration tags close as the damn things disappear on a regular basis.

Corner store at the other end of town will sell booze and tobacco to anyone who comes in the door.

There's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Oh and I live within a block of the cop shop.

Sarge

DrMoab said:
Mind if I ask what neighborhood SCW? I have a feeling its the Rose Park area of SLC?

Just a guess.

West Valley, right west of Valley Fair mall. We are moving quite a ways further west, 4500S and 5500W- it's still West Valley but it's a lot better area.

When we first moved here I was running the dog in the area and saw a really run-down beat-up house with missing windows and trashed yard. They also had two caddies and a Lexus out front and the place smelled like ammonia. I flagged down a cop and showed it to him but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Shane

SCW said:
West Valley, right west of Valley Fair mall. We are moving quite a ways further west, 4500S and 5500W- it's still West Valley but it's a lot better area.

When we first moved here I was running the dog in the area and saw a really run-down beat-up house with missing windows and trashed yard. They also had two caddies and a Lexus out front and the place smelled like ammonia. I flagged down a cop and showed it to him but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Shane
LOL West Valley. No wonder you hate this place so bad.

We always joke about the news. If there is a murder, mugging, rape, robbery, car jacking or any other mayhem it always seems to come from West Valley.

DrMoab said:
Yeah and you look like it too. :D

Kidding.

It's alright...

Just like in nature...

We must sometimes adjust our appearance to blend in and avoid detection...

We call it...

"Ghettoflage"

:D

Gil BullyKatz said:
It's alright...

Just like in nature...

We must sometimes adjust our appearance to blend in and avoid detection...

We call it...

"Ghettoflage"

I hear ryan dresses up in "jesus jammies" to blend in where he's at.

red91inWA said:
I hear ryan dresses up in "jesus jammies" to blend in where he's at.

LOL Jesus jammies....the magic underware! I had a friend who worked in a nursing home. He would steal them from the old folks when they died and wear them as casual clothes.

BTW I also walk around SLC with my wife AND her sister. Feels more natural you know.

Thought my area was bad, half dozen tenement (sp?) houses with "Migrant Workers", two gangs within 2 blocks on each side of me, a house that likes to throw parties every now and then that has a drunken resident that likes to yell "IIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--HAHAHA, from 7pm till 1am when I call the cops (I kinda feel sorry for their neigbors, I live two houses and an intersection away from these !%@$#%^* and they annoy the hell out of me), and the occasional @$$ gas cannon equiped econo car blasting it's radio as it drives by the house about the same time.

Back