• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How bad do I need frame stiffeners?

as someone who plays around on the alpine loop, and knows the general area you're at, put em on! I assume you'll be doing what I do, and thats load the heep up with gear and beer for a few days, and go off crawling into the mountains and climbing the passes. Moab is also about 2.5 hours away from me...

as someone who plays around on the alpine loop, and knows the general area you're at, put em on! I assume you'll be doing what I do, and thats load the heep up with gear and beer for a few days, and go off crawling into the mountains and climbing the passes. Moab is also about 2.5 hours away from me...

That's it fallacist. I like trails like Cinnamon/Engineer loop, Crystal-Lead King Basin loop, and closer to home, trails like Middle St Vrain, things like that. Far from what I consider rock crawling where I can definitely see the need.

Realisitcally I wheel like that 4-5 times per year, so not a lot and I am trying to balance out the expense vs the benefit. I do plan on keeping the Xj for some time so perhaps it would be worth it.

That's it fallacist. I like trails like Cinnamon/Engineer loop, Crystal-Lead King Basin loop, and closer to home, trails like Middle St Vrain, things like that. Far from what I consider rock crawling where I can definitely see the need.

Realisitcally I wheel like that 4-5 times per year, so not a lot and I am trying to balance out the expense vs the benefit. I do plan on keeping the Xj for some time so perhaps it would be worth it.

Just 4-5 times a year can tweak your uniframe. They are the best thing to buy over anything else and bang for your buck it's there at the top of the list

I really don't see how this is a question.

If you plan on keeping your XJ a while, do it.

If you have a $300 beater that you are taking to the scrapyard after a year or two, don't worry about it.

Back