• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hillz and Hollerz / 491 trip

Re: Hillz and Hollerz trip

EDIT: Found it! I would love to make a trip out there also just not this weekend!

Hope to see ya next trip XJ Stryker.

Looks like the rain might hold off till late saturday.. Thank You mother-nature.

Matthew you still going?? Currently there are three Me,Robert,Jeff meeting at the I-75 rest area just pass Florence ,Ky (same place we met last time) at 8:30am on the car side.

Just checked Hillz N Hollarz still closed, So 491 here we come.

Anyone planning on meeting us at the park, We should be there between 9:00-9:30 am.

Off to the garage to load up
Nick

I'll meet yall at the rest area, that's the one right by exit 178, right?

Just finished loading up the jeep, been doing some work on it too so I had to finish getting it put back together today. Hopefully it all stays together.

Yeah 178 sounds right..

See Ya in the mourning
Nick

The doors are off and the jeep is loaded.. No rain overnight and the sky looks good.

Gettin ready to head south.

Nick

PS. Just kidd'in bout the doors. LOL

leaving in two minutes, see yall there. I know Nick has my number, but for everyone else it's 719-685-6923, so if anything changes call me.

Had a BLAST guys, thanks again!

Did Matthew get home okay?

(The weatherman don't know sunni from shiite!)

Robert

Yes a great time indeed..

Matthew was northbound hammered down when I left him at my exit .. His rig was running good.

The carnage award goes to Matthew for the day.
Nick

Cool.

So it settled down with the freash gas?

Robert

yeah, ran just fine all the way back.

For those that weren't there, I put a tree through one of my reverse lights, a piece of gravel through a tire, and a branch through my gas tank while in the water.

Lost plenty of gas to the creek, but kept some of the creek as a souvenir. Used two tire plugs to stop the leak, and then when we got to the gas station added water remover and new gas, ran just fine since.

pictures.
http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/c08hornung/491Offroad_28March/

For those that weren't there, I put a tree through one of my reverse lights, a piece of gravel through a tire, and a branch through my gas tank while in the water.

I didn't think about it like that: you were really going for maximum penetration all day...

Robert

Oh my never thought bout it that way.LOL, LOL

Glad everyone made home safe..
Nick

PS. 24 Minutes of video to edit

Last edited:

yeah, ran just fine all the way back.

Lost plenty of gas to the creek, but kept some of the creek as a souvenir. Used two tire plugs to stop the leak, and then when we got to the gas station added water remover and new gas, ran just fine since.

pictures.
http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/c08hornung/491Offroad_28March/

glad you made it home man! nice to meet you guys.

Had a blast was great meeting all of you. We need to keep in touch cause I had fun. Those were some great pics and I can't wait to see those movies. Then I can see those bombazz open diffs of mine in work. lol all considering I think it was a good day of wheelin. Sorry to hear about the damage to your truck SC.

"He better not get the camerman wet!"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I can't believe it only took 25 seconds to get back. With that water getting deeper, and deeper, and deeper... Seemed like I was out there forever.

Thanks again!

Robert

Hope next time we can climb some of the steep hills.
Nick

I know the open-diff guys struggled a little, but I think you and I did pretty well.

That last vid, with Jeff sliding sideways, really showed how greasy that wet clay was...

Robert

Yeah, it was a great time. Open diffs. and 32s did quite well, only moderate trouble a couple of times. It was indeed slick! It's kinda tense when you want to go one way and sliding another towards a tree or drop off!!

Yes I agree it was pretty muddy but everyone done well.. Heck I even got to bring the winch out.
You know it's a challenging day when you have to use all your strapes and d-rings at the same time to pull a guy up a muddy hill.

Can't wait to go back to The 491 Offroad park.
Nick

Yes I agree it was pretty muddy but everyone done well.. Heck I even got to bring the winch out.
You know it's a challenging day when you have to use all your strapes and d-rings at the same time to pull a guy up a muddy hill.

Can't wait to go back to The 491 Offroad park.
Nick

Is there a rule like "Pics or it didn't happen" on this Board? (Big Grin)

Back