• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi, my name is Dan Wheeler...

When lending Brendan said hand, will it be unwashed?

Hate to jack the thread any further, couldn't help it. Good luck tomorrow Dan.

Well shit, its 1am where Im at.. and all I have to add to the topic is, Natty Light is my friend tonight..too many probably... Dan you got my vote. And I just wanna keep wheelin with the MWC cause it's a GREAT time.

Well shit, its 1am where Im at.. and all I have to add to the topic is, Natty Light is my friend tonight..too many probably... Dan you got my vote. And I just wanna keep wheelin with the MWC cause it's a GREAT time.

Nat light hurts my head, but I won't hold that against you. Can't wait till WF to have a beer or 32 with you all.

Fore 'it's 2:27 here and I'm going to bed' Wheeler

Dan,
Sponsorship seems to be a hot topic as of late. Since you have publicly called out one of Winterfests primary sponsors, and undoubtedly aggravated them , (see here) what are your plans to attract more sponsors for the Winterfest raffle? It is my belief that we should not bite the hand that feeds us and, in essence, that's exactly what you did in the thread that I linked above. With the national sponsorship program in such poor condition one would think that we would cater to the sponsors that year after year provide quality product for our raffle. Not to mention putting weiners in our bellys on several occasions.

Pissing in the sponsors bowl of Cheerios is not good practice.

Dan,
Sponsorship seems to be a hot topic as of late. Since you have publicly called out one of Winterfests primary sponsors, and undoubtedly aggravated them , (see here) what are your plans to attract more sponsors for the Winterfest raffle? It is my belief that we should not bite the hand that feeds us and, in essence, that's exactly what you did in the thread that I linked above. With the national sponsorship program in such poor condition one would think that we would cater to the sponsors that year after year provide quality product for our raffle. Not to mention putting weiners in our bellys on several occasions.

Pissing in the sponsors bowl of Cheerios is not good practice.

We all have rules that we need to follow. You know this and did not facilitate protocol yourself when dealing with the 2010 raffle donations by said sponsor. Said sponsor was an awesome sponsor until a personal confrontation with one of our memebers, which ended the weiners in our bellys several years ago and left bad feelings within our club.

This topic was dropped on my part due to many private conversations with people more important than you. I hold you responsable for bringing it back up in a public forum, which before this, the only people who could view this information were members. This act on your part I'm sure won't do JCR any good.

I'm NOT pissing in anybodys bowl, I'm attempting to protect our club and do what is best for the members of NAXJA. We have rules to follow WITH OUT exception.

As I understand it, we have nothing to worry about as far as the raffle, the NAT BOD has made everything even and fair. We have pissed off many more sponsors that have closer ties to the MWC than said sponsor with the new sponsorship rules. I'm not biting the hand that feeds us, we need to be regulating what is being fed to us. It is to the benefit of sponsors to donate to our club in exchange for advertising. If you buy an ad in a newspaper you are doing so to benefit your business. Said sponsor did more self harm in their responses than me bringing their name up. You did more harm bringing it to the public.

Don't criticize me for having the balls to call out what I feel is a problem. I'm not a 'YES MAN'.

Last edited:
Do your homework Hale, this sends you to where I'm defending the sponsors, or did I say something bad about Bushwacker too?

There must be a way to ensure that the sponsors pay for their advertising. JCR is one that comes to mind of not upholding their obligation.

Dan
No, that's the correct thread.

This is defending sponsors?
You point fingers but can't back up your position? Weak.
Yes, I see that someone "more important than me" told you to shut up. BUT, you're not a yes man either.......

Last edited:
It's the correct thread, but you brought everyone to where I was defending the sponsors.

I explained my backing out of the conversation in the previous post.

You call me weak for looking out for the best interest of the club? I call that strong.

Fore "i'm here for the people" wheeler

You make me laugh Dan.
You obviously don't get it.

I'm done here.

It's the correct thread, but you brought everyone to where I was defending the sponsors.

I explained my backing out of the conversation in the previous post.

You call me weak for looking out for the best interest of the club? I call that strong.

Fore "i'm here for the people" wheeler

Here is all I'm going to say about this.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245126109&postcount=50
JCR is one that comes to mind of not upholding their obligation

Is the kind of bullshit you can't post in public about a paying sponsor. We upheld this years sponsorship obligation, even if it took until the end of July. Next year we'll be sure to get everything in before the deadline.

You are 100% wrong on that quoted statement, and people that have no clue what is going on will take this as fact.

Members of the MWC can dislike us as much as they want for us not donating a weekend of our time anymore for Winterfest, and they can feel free to assume any reason they please.

Wow, Mike.

Slanted any?

You're the only one that really makes the raffle work, we all know that. But it sure does look bad when you're on here defending a vendor that's been bolting stuff to your rig to show off for years.

Would you be as passionate if Dan had said something about Rough Country? What about Rusty's? Maybe there's a quote from you around here somewhere about how Rusty's trackbars suck that we could use against you.

The folks at JCR have been good to a lot of folks over the years. I have a front bumper and a set of sliders in the garage from them and Mac has the rear bumper I bought a couple years ago. Nate still has the front bumper that they donated in '07.

But you guys took a statement that you clearly could have taken the high road on and made it an issue. That's not smart business sense, if you ask me. You have a fabrication shop because of the MWC, not in spite of it. I hope you don't ruin what little reputation you have left.

:doh:

Check fire.

All, as this recent discussion concerns a candidate for BOD I will not edit it, however, both side have had their say, please move on.

Rev

Back