• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi, my name is Dan Wheeler...

Okay, say we choose to split the chapter. Will those that split off start their own event? Will they get together and shoot guns and eat pig products at a different location? Will they not attend WF because its too far to drive? If there is so much concern about being spread out so far why hasn't those concerned started M&G's more local to them? The only OFFICAL MWC event is WF. Anyone in the chapter can post up gatherings in their area. I'm in favor of having a summer event, but where would we have it? Redbird? Great idea, still doesn't solve the distance problem. Where would an event that would be closer for those so far away? Disney? Again a great place, but its on the extreme edge of the chapter.

I still don't understand why this is an issue. Make the effort to get some local things going. The mass of the members unfortunately are in the great lakes area which is why so much more happens around that area.

Fore 'sorry, don't see the need' Wheeler

Okay, say we choose to split the chapter. Will those that split off start their own event? Will they get together and shoot guns and eat pig products at a different location? Will they not attend WF because its too far to drive? If there is so much concern about being spread out so far why hasn't those concerned started M&G's more local to them? The only OFFICAL MWC event is WF. Anyone in the chapter can post up gatherings in their area. I'm in favor of having a summer event, but where would we have it? Redbird? Great idea, still doesn't solve the distance problem. Where would an event that would be closer for those so far away? Disney? Again a great place, but its on the extreme edge of the chapter.

I still don't understand why this is an issue. Make the effort to get some local things going. The mass of the members unfortunately are in the great lakes area which is why so much more happens around that area.

Fore 'sorry, don't see the need' Wheeler

I agree with you Dan, if we split the chapter then we have a whole different can of worms deciding which states go where, we would have to vote in another BOD, president and VP then figure out another official event, and get raffle prizes for that blah blah blah. I say we keep it like it is because I haven't seen anyone in here from the far reaches of the chapter voicing any concern. As much as I would love for WF to be close to everyone its just not possible.

Flexd'hey, I explained my x2 this time'XJ

Last edited:
There are get togethers in central ohio all the time. They are not posted on here that often because a lot of it is planned through PMs and phone. I haven't been to WF cause I'm a southern boy and stay inside all winter. I have not attended a pig gig cause it is a drive from the east side of columbus ohio. Would "we" have our own event? It would be nice. Remember WF is not just for MWC. If the chapter split they would not have to pick one event or the other. I joke that Empire is the ohio naxja chapter due to us have 10-15 XJs in our group. I guess ill have to start posting or gathering from now on. Dan should I plan on you attending sometime?

There are get togethers in central ohio all the time. They are not posted on here that often because a lot of it is planned through PMs and phone. I haven't been to WF cause I'm a southern boy and stay inside all winter. I have not attended a pig gig cause it is a drive from the east side of columbus ohio. Would "we" have our own event? It would be nice. Remember WF is not just for MWC. If the chapter split they would not have to pick one event or the other. I joke that Empire is the ohio naxja chapter due to us have 10-15 XJs in our group. I guess ill have to start posting or gathering from now on. Dan should I plan on you attending sometime?

All the way to OHIO?!? lol, jk.

I work weekends, I use my vac time for WF and one other weekend during the year, next year it'll be Mac's reception. But you never know. Do you have beer in OH?

I strongly recommend guys getting together locally, and for sure post these things up, you never know who may need to sleep on your couch.

NAXJA is THE premier Jeep club, we're all great people and I know that I could come to your 'hood and be welcomed with arms wide open (<great song). That's what makes us what we are.

You should come to WF even if you're a warm body, you still have a roof, right? I'd like to meet you face to face. It really is about the people, great people brought together with a common interest.

Well said dan. My jeep only has a windshield so ill have to figure out another way to say warm. Most of are get togethers are in the week too. And there is a state liquor store a crossed the street from my house :D and my shop/ranger is less then 2 miles down the road. You and any other naxja member is more then welcome to crash on my couch (I live with 3 other naxja members) and chill with us anytime

Thoughts on a monthly statement by the BOD on what has been discussed like the National BOD does?

like this

And having a month financial statement report included.

mac 'asking all the candidates' gyvr

just to finish my thought on splitting the MWC. If we have a MWC East and West, we could lead with one Pres, one VP and one Treasurer. The East will have two Directors and the West will have two Directors. I understand it isn't much different than we have already. To keep the entire membership together, with two sub-chapters strengthens ourr foundation rather than weaken it with discussions of creating a new Chapter. we need to find ways to stick together. This is simply an idea in that direction.

BOB

Another issue that I would address would be sponsorship. The way that this has been changed is that the Nat BOD wants all of OUR sponsors to send gift cert's in equal amounts to the Nat level, so that it can be more evenly distributed over all the events. I understand the ease this puts on the Nat Sponsorship Guy, but the MWC has certain sponsors that wish to only donate to us, or other chapter events. We have sponsors that attend our event and wish to bring their donations with them, saving the shipping cost. I would like to see this open up and have more flexability for our sponsors, we don't want to lose sponsors because it's become too much of a p.i.t.a. for them to GIVE to us.

there is not going to be any chapter splitting anytime soon, or for at least 1 year, 1 month and 21 days.....

If elected, will you:
A) Begin deleting Aaron's post since his join date.
B) Ban Aaron from NAXJA all together.
C) All of the above.

my vote depends on your answer

exactly! say what you want about Aaron, he has taken more sh!t then a plumber and is still coming back for more! :D

If elected, will you:
A) Begin deleting Aaron's post since his join date.
B) Ban Aaron from NAXJA all together.
C) All of the above.

my vote depends on your answer

If either of us win the election in driving 45 minutes to kick you in the junk! :D

exactly! say what you want about Aaron, he has taken more sh!t then a plumber and is still coming back for more! :D

Bring it on Beeshes! :laugh3:

Aaron is definitely a good guy I know I wouldnt be able to take all the crap he does like effin with his jeep in the middle of the night. He knows its all in good fun. Good answer Dan :patriot:

Aaron is definitely a good guy I know I wouldnt be able to take all the crap he does like effin with his jeep in the middle of the night. He knows its all in good fun. Good answer Dan :patriot:

You guys are lucky I didn't have blanks in my pistol. I woulda scared the piss out of you guys! :D

Back