• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP: Oil Filter Adapter Question

I picked up a Lisle brand torx bit, would not fit with ratchet attached so i ground it down and welded it in a spare 1" wrench i had. I can add a pipe to the other end if i need more leverage.

adaptortool001.jpg

Re: HELP: Oil Filter Adapter Question - one more question

Does the cross hole in the adapter bolt have to be aligned with filter shaft ?

Did o-ring change yesterday on my 96 (Torx), it does take a couple of hours together with oil change, if you are lazy and do not take starter off and away.

Used one BIG t60 key to loosen the bolt and a small bit with a small ratchet to drive it most of the way, then small bit and a wrench for the last few turns.

Andrey

i took my T60 torox bit threw it in a vice and ground down 4 flats on one part of it to fit a 3/4 inch wrench and then hacked off the entire 1/2inch drive end making it about alittle more then 1/2 inch shorter.... going to test this out tomrorow and see if it was worth it of if i wasted 5.95$ lol did some dry fitting today though and it looks like ill have plenty of clearance... or a bigger hammer.

Back