• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me with this "noise"

Newbiejeepster

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have this noise that sounds like it is coming from the front driver side wheel area. It does it when I turn either left or right. Kind of sounds like......high pitch squeak, squeak, squeak with about every rotation. It does not sound like squealing of the tires. Anyone have any idea what it might be??

i got mine from a dealer a few weeks ago and have the same noise. I have a 2000 sport 4w 63000... i took it to the mechanic and if it is the same noise you will notice that it goes away when it is wet outside? if so then he said it was either some dry bushing or ball joint. Took back to dealer had them look at it... they have replaced both front wheel bearings and since then 4 days ago i havent heard anything but it has rained the last 2 days... hope it helps a little

Did yours only do it while turning or while also driving straight? Mine only does it when I turn. And I believe it will do it when it is wet. I was thinking bearings myself also.

i had the same thing on my 2000 XJ it sounded like rub to me so i bought a pair of spacers and it was still there...turns out it was my wheel u joints...my old ones were in very bad shape and even clicked a little under heavy braking going straight..put new ones in and it drives perfect!

andrew

Yeah Andrew, It almost sounds like a rub. Like something is bent a tiny bit and it rubs with every rotation on a turn. When I have time this weekend or some other i'll have to check that out.......right now im busy with school.

well deffinitly get them checked and dont leave it for long as i did because i didnt have time...it got really bad and ur going to hate pulling in to parking spaces because its going to squeek, pop, and mine even gave a little bit of wheel hop..

andrew

Back