• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heim steering

The general rule is a minimum of the diameter of threads engaged in the insert. While I agree that the least exposed the better, my drag link ended up about 3/4" too long when I raised the mounting point up some.

Sweet. I can do that. But f$%& need to go bend my tie rod so it will clear the PS stuff. Can go full lock driver but only half to the passenger side. Gonna go get a shop to put a couple bends in my tie rod. Thinking about 10 degrees on each side should work fine.

I ended up buying Iron Rock's tie rod because it was already bent. Clears all the axle brackets with room to spare. So now I have 3/4" heims on the tie rod with no misalignment spacers and 7/8" heims on the drag link with spacers only on the pitman arm.

I cut up the old straight tie rod from Ruff Stuff and made a track bar with 7/8" heims.

MARK! haha.

I ended up with a couple small degree bends. I'm not happy with it at all. It should work for the weekend and I'll get some new coil buckets that move back a bit and a higher trackbar mount and then cut off everything and put a straight tie rod on. My tie rod is exactly 48" long and I can get US DOM for like $8/ft so with the new threaded inserts I'm only out a few bucks. The coil buckets will be a little coin though.

The good news is that I was in jeopardy of ripping my TRE's on the draglink in half. So that is better. And I should still be able to wheel this weekend. So that is also good!

Corral Canyon?? Where you finding DOM in SD area for $8/ft? Competitive wanted like $9/ft for 1.5" .250.

Mark

Back