• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half-Doors?

Here's some tube doors (on Mac's rig) from Andy at The Carolina Rock Shop
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

and here is my 3/4 door
fbc16de3.jpg

standard.jpg

BTW- I saw the Tomken XJ in Moab and those doors are even uglier in person...

rev, where did you find latches for your doors, im thinking of fabbing 1/2 doors, maybe even 1/2 soft doors, but i cant find anything to latch them with

yuppiexj said:
Sawzall made my half doors.

fugly I know but hey it's a 85 4cyl 2wd auto
it's where I try really stupid/crazy ideas

halfdoor01.jpg

Bud, those are horrendous. Please tell us you're going to finish them off somehow?:eek:

Your are too kind they actually look like $h!t!
Just what I would expect after 1 pass with a Sawzall

yes I am planning on finishing them off with some actual sills out of 18ga sheet and some sort of inner frame (1/2" tube I think) to give back some structural integrety.

Future plans are speakers with contact connectors. genuine vinyl to cover the interior portions.

Pairhd,
I suppose you just reach inside to open the door when you are outside? Did you have to modify the interior door latch at all or does the cut out not interfer with the mechanism?

All this hubbub about 1/2 doors made me go all crazy and start hacking on mine. :D Anyone have problems relocating the inner handles & window controls (for the rear power wdws)?

Back