• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my wrangler doors on

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
they are not a direct fit if anyone ever told yall that. i needed some shims on the door catch(about 3/4inch worth) and had to bend the pins on the doors to get them to sit straight. now i just need to make windows, i am going to use some snaps, like the kind that hold on some bed covers, and either velcro or zippers to to make the windows somethign i can add on when needed. i am having problems finding the materials though, i cant find any of those damn snaps, and i still have no clue what to actually make the windows out of. any suggestions are very much appreciated
thisone.jpg

Go to a boat shop for the snaps. They are most commonly used on boat tops.

If you have the talant find a wrecked Wrangler, cut out the area around the doors, and graft it onto your rig.

Ramsey said:
now i just need to make windows, i am going to use some snaps, like the kind that hold on some bed covers, and either velcro or zippers to to make the windows somethign i can add on when needed.

Don't your XJ doors have windows?

:D

that was the whole the point that cheap pointed out, very light and easy to store. most of the pull it places around here dont have any wranglers, or hardly any jeeps for that matter. anyone else have an idea?

Just a thought....how about getting some round steel rod the size used in the wrangler door ,bend it to fit the upper portion of the door and fit up to the exiting XJ weather stripping ,tack weld some sleeves in the upper corners of the wrangler door frame(might already be some there) that the round rod will slide in tightly,then take the upper portion to an upholstry shop an have plastic jeep windows sewn in,that way the upper portion could be easily removed like some cj's and wranglers.......maybe!

OMG, the Borg have started!

Next you'll be selling it and getting the rest of the wrangler!

:D

hinkley

damnit mark your onto me!!!

i thought about the wire frame thing, but it would not have much support uptop, plus it would stay the same size, i am looking for something i can "roll down" and tie to the door with straps without having to take it all apart.

what dont you get

he's looking for a soft door with clear windows that he can either use snaps or a zipper when in and when he's done using it (or on a hot day) he can roll it up and stuff it under the seat. Ive been trying to figure somthing out like that also, but had no sucess finding the clear 'window' material. My idea was to install 1 end of the zipper around the door frame(or snaps spot welded), then the door and the windows will be 1 piece that would zip up to the framing. But cannot find the plastic foldable window material :(

-Red

Beezil said:
I don't get it.

Ditto!!

Now I'll say it.........I think it's both ugly AND silly.

yeah but there heavy and dont ride in the back very nicely

GOATMAN you use to be my hero

It just looks fugly. They sit too far into the door jam, maybe it you built your own frame and covered it in canvas. So that it matched the body lines. I would rather just go doorless.

Back