• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my wrangler doors on

i go doorless on the trails, this is just for to and from the trail. the trails which are anywhere from an hour to 3 away. just want something to keep rain in and this is halfway there, just need windows. things which are functional arent always pretty

why not just gut an xj door from the pic and pull and lighten it up. Then just strap them to the roof? That's a crazy rig-a-jig you have going there. Just crazy enough to work but you'd be happier with something that didn't look and feel like a 2 dollar whore on there. Snaps would be way annoying anyways. But then agian I've never been one to listen to other people's opinions much anyways. do what you gotta do.

brain fart, wanna keep it out of course. is it really that grotesque to yall? i kinda like it, of course if i had a but ugly baby i might would like it too

Myabe if you cleaned all the dirt around the door jam it wouldn't look as bad? :laugh3: But personally, I wouldn't run them.

-Mike

Ramsey said:
GOATMAN you use to be my hero

Ah oh.......I've fallen from grace.

I think you know better than to take me seriously.......

:D

I don't want to jump on the dog pile, but IMO they don't look right at all. I understand that they are meant to be functional so if you really don't care about looks at all then go for it.

Do the door latches match up to the catch on the pillar and latch closed just like when they're on a wrongler? From the photo, it looks like they do but I thought I would ask. I think it looks alright and it's cool just by the simple fact that you thought to try it and it worked!!!!! :clap:

You could build something like this and then put a snap on vinyl door and plastic window.

xjtubedoors.JPG

xjdoorgutted.jpg

now thats an idea, as long as i dont have to paint stripes on it. thanks mississippi, i guess its just a southern thing huh. if i could have gotten my hands on some xj doors i would have, but unfortunately there arent any near me and i am not gonna pay shipping for those things.

Nice!!!!!!Hadnt seen that one in awhile!If I ever find a two door around here this is one of the things on the list!

JEEPZZ said:
You could build something like this and then put a snap on vinyl door and plastic window.

xjtubedoors.JPG

xjdoorgutted.jpg

Anyone have anymore pics of these doors?

Ramsey, did you try cutting the factory wranger top part of the doors? I don't see the point of half doors, why not no doors? I know you said you need something to keep the rain out on the way to the trail. Why not do what I do? Yank the doors at the trail head, carry them up in the woods out of site, and chain them to a tree and lock them with a pad lock.

thats what i have been doing, i am not sure if i am gonna keep these or not, it would be fun to make the windows and kinda cool, but not sure if i want to mess with it. these have been sitting in my room since then waiting for windows. they might wind back up on ebay.

How long have you been running doorless? Have you driven it with no doors in really bad rain? I don't think it is that bad. I have not had very many problems with getting wet, only when it is raining sideways. I ran a similar setup for a while just because I wasn't sure what the cops might say about a doorless XJ, but then I got tired of my jeep looking so gheto and have been doorless ever since.

well i dont just run doorless, just when i go on a trail ride. i think i am going to abandon this project and just leave my doors at home and get wet

Back