• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Golen Stroker Engines

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have one, run one, have comments on them? I'm thinking of going with them for my new engine. Sorry I don't have the tools, time, space, or know how to build my own.

Anyone have one, run one, have comments on them? I'm thinking of going with them for my new engine. Sorry I don't have the tools, time, space, or know how to build my own.

PM BMyohn. He has one and it runs great, Has plenty of torque and he gets great gas mileage on 35's. IF he keeps his foot out of it.

Thanks for the info guys. From what I have read Titan is not the best stroker on the market so it looks like Golen will be getting my business!!

I picked up one that needs rebuilt a few months ago. I think someone messed up with the oil they were running and screwed the cam. I don't mind the rebuild and to me the Golen name means a lot. I'm starting with good parts for very little money.

FNF

Looks like it does NOT come with a turbo/supercharger.

"this was golens response to my inquire of the turbo engine

my first question was at what psi were the numbers made that were posted on thier site? and what can it handle

[FONT=&quot]"They were around 6 psi of boost and we would run no more than 8 psi to be safe.[/FONT]"

and then i asked what was done to the head? and i was disappointed. a engine built for a turbo should handle more then what a stock motor could handle. they said...

"
[FONT=&quot]We use a new aftermarket head and we open them up to fit a Chevy 1.94” intake valve and a 1.50 exhaust valve and then blend the three angle valve job to the port for the best flow. This engine has a custom Diamond forged piston which makes it more expensive and a brand new Scat stroker crank and rod set up. We feel that you can run up to 8 psi of boost without any problem at all but if you would like to run more it would handle it. "

i feel that for that price you could get a local shop to build up something for you

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]what i have gathered is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the only difference from the NA stroker and the turbo stroker are the pistons and cam duration. which should not up the price that much more.
[/FONT]

FWIW, that 505 kit won't work with the XJ chassis. Has anyone seen an XJ with a 505 kit? I've searched long and hard and couldn't find one.

Back when they first released it they said that they didn't have a "production" XJ kit, but told me they could fit one, "no problem". That being said, I have yet to see anyone running one over the years. I'm disappointed that they scrapped their SC setup.

No way would that intercooler clear the hood... and the turbo might also stick up a little too high.

The main issue i'd see is piping clearance and heat control. You'd be lucky fitting a 1.5" down pipe with that setup on an XJ. Also an intake tube/filter simply wouldn't work.

...Hence why I'd really love to see someone with a 505 turbo kit on an XJ. :cough: I don't think it's happened :cough:

Back