• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest

Sorry I couldn't make it after all. It turned out to be a no miss family bday on Saturday.

Looking at the pics in the other thread it appears I would have tore the shit out of my rig if I tried any of those trails. I'm bummed and will have to wait till next year.

On the upside today the xj got a tube of grease, lube locker gaskets, oil change and all that.

Bent my passenger rock slider up so much the doors don't open, completely trashed the inside and outside of my Jeep with mud, terrible noise coming from the tcase - Sideways towed my Jeep home on his trailer while I drove his (thanks Mark!), went to my local car wash to get some of the mud off before it turns into cement and the guy came out yelling 'get that thing out of here!', I told him where he should stick his pressure washer and drove off. Priceless.

I really don't like mud. Left a little after noon. Stopped in Barstow and fed $10 in quarters into the car wash. Got about 2/3 of the surface mud off of Gomer, and 1/3 of the undercarriage mud. I hate mud.

Had a great time. Didn't break anything; didn't try anything hard. New shocks help out tremendously in the whoops. Just need to get higher rate springs, since I can still easily find the bump stops. Rear springs were much better, (thanks Cal!) Did I mention that I detest mud?

Made Spiedies again, actually worked out OK over the campfire. Thanks to those who chipped in to help defray my costs. It appears that the lamb Spiedies were the real hit of the dinner. You know, mud really sucks.

David Bricker / SYR - IYK

GREAT trip this year! Met some new friends and saw some old ones! I got in on Friday night caravaning with Cris in the Power Wagon. We set up camp, cruised to BSC camp and then hit the hay. Watched people the next day get denied at Chocolate Thunder, then did the stocker tour with Sequoia, Karstic, David Bricker, Mark, Josh and Cris. I NEED a lift...I high centered on a baby rock. Many times.
Saturday night was loaded. I apologize for my behavior and I've got some new noises, which I think are only exhaust related....but the interior is a disaster. To those who also got to drive my Jeep - I hope you had fun! I know I did!
Went shooting today and then drove home. See you next year!

Good to meet ya David. Ive been researching 65000 btu pellet furnaces . I think I need one for the coolness factor.

Good to meet you as well. Check out the Harman P68. 68000 BTUs of wicked coolness (or hotness).

David Bricker / SYR - IYK

.... If you see a sportsmobile stuck in the mud, that's me.

Well, just as I predicted, I buried the SMB in some nasty sloppy mud friday night around 1030ish when I pulled in. Few flashes of my spotlight got the attention of Josh and Mark who came in to give me a tug. Took both of them to get the SMB + trailer/Jeep out. Big thanks to you both. And extra thanks to Josh who once again pulled my pig out of the sand on Sat evening as I was leaving. All in all it was a nasty, muddy, wet day in a half in JV where water and rocks dont mix but it was fun regardless.

haha, had a blast this weekend! I got there late and passed out early, but it was still a wicked good time. The Dodge passed all tests with flying colors and apparently doesn’t mind a little mud. :D

[FONT=&quot]Good to see y'all out there!
[/FONT]

haha, had a blast this weekend! I got there late and passed out early, but it was still a wicked good time. The Dodge passed all tests with flying colors and apparently doesn’t mind a little mud. :D

[FONT=&quot]Good to see y'all out there!
[/FONT]

JV is a big place I guess, we never crossed paths! Sorry I missed ya.

it was a good trip all together for me friday just bull shitted around with peacefrog and brandon thanks again for letting me stay at your guys camp. Then saturday clawhammer did me dirty being the only heep without rock sliders on that trail not a good idea. Safe to say my jeep has no rocker panels anymore. All and all the trail was bad ass took 5 hrs to run a 2 mile trail haha gotta love wheeling.

Skwerly...would have been fun to catch up. I had a fantastic time. even if I didnt wheel an inch, it was great to see everyone. I had a blast even though I didnt do anything hardcore but still manage to cause jeep issues. I had intermittent stalling. AT camp, swapped a coil, cap, coil wire, cleaned the TB, unplugged about every harness and replugged. Once I got it towed home I replaced MAP sensor but it appears to be a low pressure fuel issue. Still havent figured it out but going to drop the tank again.

Skwerly...would have been fun to catch up. I had a fantastic time. even if I didnt wheel an inch, it was great to see everyone. I had a blast even though I didnt do anything hardcore but still manage to cause jeep issues. I had intermittent stalling. AT camp, swapped a coil, cap, coil wire, cleaned the TB, unplugged about every harness and replugged. Once I got it towed home I replaced MAP sensor but it appears to be a low pressure fuel issue. Still havent figured it out but going to drop the tank again.

Did you check the harness connector down by the fuel tank? I've seen that one come loose and bang against the diff till it breaks and you loose power to the fuel pump.

Re: Re: Goatfest

Did you check the harness connector down by the fuel tank? I've seen that one come loose and bang against the diff till it breaks and you loose power to the fuel pump.

One of the first things we checked.

Back