• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest, unofficial thread.

Is this you Mike? If so Hope your back feels better! See ya next time. If possible post up a pic of the rig so I can get an idea for the xo!

Seems everybody had a great time as I did. It had been 16 years since I actually did any of the Hammers trails. Although having attended some of the races in the past few years and seeing that the trails had changed, you just don't get the feel of how much the've changed unless you drive them. Good time as always with the Temecula boys on BJ. Good time on the Turkey run Sunday with the JK's, Dan and Travis. Panamint Paul, provided fun JackHammer ride and good show by that Mexican guy my weekend neighbor to my right and the Beamer.

LOL...

'The Beamer'

Sorry JULIO I know your name I was just adding some humor. You can call me the Cuban if you want. Had a good time with you on Jack.

Mike those pics are great I saw you rig on the IV post pics but I already had asked you.

Dan I see you made it home ok. It was good convoying home with you.

Avery your pic with the mouse head is a CLASSIC. It should be the So.Cal poster child!

Last edited:
We went wheeling Sunday morning and when we came back, my van's flat tire was fixed THANK YOU David Bricker, you certainly didn't have to do that. And thanks to anyone involved in helping me with my broken control arm, even Cracker :D

Avery your pic with the mouse head is a CLASSIC. It should be the So.Cal poster child!

:D

I had to beg julio to bring it.

This one is cool too.

177329_547889111903186_529889811_o.jpg

We went wheeling Sunday morning and when we came back, my van's flat tire was fixed THANK YOU David Bricker, you certainly didn't have to do that. And thanks to anyone involved in helping me with my broken control arm, even Cracker :D

No good deed goes unpunished :p

Wait did I miss something? That is his forum name shortened isnt it?? If not my appologizes in advance. He helped keep me from drinking to much. He and Roxane set up thier tent in direct path from the fire pit to my van. I didn't want to take a chance on dropping in unexpectedly, if you know what I mean!

his name is Beamer.

Well that was a fun weekend...

I drove in Saturday morning through some rain to find perfect weather on the back side of the mountains.

Goatfest+2012+-+01.jpg

I was tasked with leading the stocker tour so decided we should go visit Giant rock. Since my dad is local and I hadn't plotted a route yet I had him lead us to the rock. The roads out are easy with a lot of whoops to navigate.

Goatfest+2012+-+05.jpg

Cory and Company
Goatfest+2012+-+09.jpg

Lined up
Goatfest+2012+-+11.jpg

Yes, it's a big rock.
Goatfest+2012+-+14.jpg

What a poser!
Goatfest+2012+-+18.jpg

Some old man humping a rock.
Goatfest+2012+-+15.jpg

For the record here are some photos from Giant Rock I took at some point in the mid-90s.
561741_4512975115912_507562193_n.jpg

579035_4512975355918_691212840_n.jpg

After the rock we went back behind the Hammers. I wanted to take a look behind the Johnsons to see if I could find a way to Emerson that didn't cut across USMC land, no luck there. Instead we wondered around and found a waterfall to play on.

The highlight of my day was helping Tim, Leroy, and Jeff successfully climb and descend their first waterfall, even if Jeff does spell his name in such an unsophisticated way.

Jeff lined up.
Goatfest+2012+-+24.jpg

Finch peaking (in Carol's Jeep)
Goatfest+2012+-+30.jpg

Josh making it easy
Goatfest+2012+-+34.jpg

Mike
Goatfest+2012+-+39.jpg

Leroy
Goatfest+2012+-+47.jpg

Tim coming down on his 30s.
Goatfest+2012+-+54.jpg

I love the look of concentration on Tim's face
Goatfest+2012+-+56.jpg

Josh
Goatfest+2012+-+60.jpg

Old man Armstrong poised to come down.
Goatfest+2012+-+62.jpg

After that it was a pretty simple drive back but we did lose the group. Everybody found their way back and ultimately I got radio contact with them. For the record I realized the radio in my Jeep was erroneously set for 146.485 instead of .585.

More photos can be found here.

Man i miss it already lol i had a great time, my buddie turned into a complainer towards the end but i had an amazing time. The land is just amazing.

The pictures are great thanks alot fellas.

PS. Tim you were the reason i felt like i should have taken my jeep out along time ago. Lot of fun chating with you , also i ment to make sure i wasint throwin to much dust around with you back there we were just trying to have some fun.

Last edited:
Back