• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest Countdown....30 days to get Stuff done

got the motor, trans, and tcase in the 2 door yesterday thanks to toyotawrench, Samo_xj, Mightywhitey, and turtle. now I have to get the driveshafts in, bolt the exhaust up, and get the front axle put back together. then it's just topping off everything with fluids and making sure all the electrical is hooked up right.

your gunna have to two door out at goatfest this year grimm?

i am bringing nothing lol. gonna wheel with dan. Mike is your 2 door a stocker? if so just drive it there and let me pull the motor out for you so you can drive it home haha

well if i actually plan on bringing the mj i have quite a bit to do.
purchase new clutch, slave cylinder, throw out bearing etc.
install said clutch, ax15 swap, atlas install, build crossmember slash belly pan.
buy and install arb compressor and wire up switches for lockers.
get drive lines made.
possibly swap out the head (might have a slightly blown head gasket)
fix steering and track bar.
and if for some reason i end up rich, i would love a winch

I got the last few things all done including the test run.

Julio and I ran a handful of trails in BB on Sunday to let me check out my front end. For the most part all is well. The coils are a tad stiff but all in all everything went well.

IMG_7847Large.jpg

Now I need to just double check all the bolts and get new axle vent tubes.

i am bringing nothing lol. gonna wheel with dan. Mike is your 2 door a stocker? if so just drive it there and let me pull the motor out for you so you can drive it home haha

yes im driving the 2 door out there and I'm done pulling motors and swapping shit around lol.

It's usually pretty family friendly, some members bring thier kids out. My campfire can get a little rowdy at night but we don't camp with the main group to avoid bothering other people.

I'm going to be driving right past you (leaving from gardena on the 91) friday morning around 10am if you want to caravan with me and two other rigs. we camp off of boone road.
Thanks for the offer but I'm not going to make it because I got 18 stitches and 2 pins in my finger from a work accident the other day but I appreciate the offer.

Haha,trieng to stay on topic but since you asked.I was drilling a 6" hole 42 feet derp threw solid concrete to retro fit a 110 year old bridge when the concrete core broke off inside the drill bit.I went to grab the core from the out side (not the bottom) like if I was strangling it when it slipped out of my hands and the piece on top of that one knocked it outta my hands and smashed it on the floor.Long story short it was smashed between the groundand a couple hundred pounds of concrete like a guillotine.

Weld in replacement floor pan
Fix cracks around steering box bolt holes in the framerail
Weld shock mounts onto rear axle.
Other stuff

Floor pan welded in. Thanks Cracker.

I need to double check my bolts and make a spare front driveline.

Gotta SMOG mine today, wish me luck

CARB - The bane of my existance
I've got a cat i'll sell ya if it fails because of that Sean, it looks brand new and everything else on the underside was covered in oil from a leaky rear main, so it couldn't have been used for too long.

Back