• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest Countdown....30 days to get Stuff done

I have to pull the engine out of the black jeep and put it in the green one, replace the axle seal on the rear end and put it under the green jeep, get it smogged and registered, and put new tires on it. then it's just a matter of loading the cooler with beer and ice and enough food to keep me somewhat alive for 2 days and I'm good to go :D

Well since jeep isnt going i am on a mission to take the 47 tear drop so.... wire lights, beat the chit out of the fenders and mount them, empty my wifes storage of clothes out of it, throw a spray bomb coat of paint on it and finish it off by putting the plate from my other tailor on it and stocking it with beer

Wire up the lights for the trailer, and pull the rear hatch off...load the jeep and camping gear, and I am good to go...there's a few other details, like buying rachet straps...but no one needs those details...

Build cross brace straps for cargo rack
Replace headlight lenses
Fix taillight issue
Replace flasher to fix funny blinking with LED lights
Replace driving lights
Wire in new air compressor

Will any of that get done? Highly unlikely. But, none of it will stop me from getting there.

David Bricker / SYR

I'm finishing: weld spare mount on flatbed, tune the Duramax CB, some new zirks on the Jeep, if wife's comming I'll bring the camper, me just tent, weld & brace a small bumper crack, replace 1 tie bolt.

Newly added to my list....

My current trailer brake conroller freaked out and kept my brake lights on so long it killed my batteries. I have this one coming and have to get this installed now.

KGrHqFksE6GKwqBbBOk9e0VWi60_12.jpg

Sorry but I gotta ask:what are the official days?Locker needed?What kinda trails?I've been to jv a million times but with quads never with my xj so I'm not sure how the trails are.

There are easy and hard trails, just run what you are comfortable with. I don't go out there to wheel much, I go to party and meet/hang out with people and friends.

There are everything from extreme rock trails to sand dunes there, and everything in between. Except mud. Usually. :D

If you plan to run the Hammers, you need an awesome Jeep. There's canyons than can be done by lesser Jeeps but should still have a locker and 33s. Then, there's miles and miles of open desert, dunes, easy trails, lake bed, etc that can be done stock.

When I go camping with the quads i use to camp at bessimer mine Rd. Is that where you guys camp?What's the dates?I would love to get out their and meet some of you guys even though I have met a few.Is this a kids friendly camping or better off leaving them at home!

When I go camping with the quads i use to camp at bessimer mine Rd. Is that where you guys camp?What's the dates?I would love to get out their and meet some of you guys even though I have met a few.Is this a kids friendly camping or better off leaving them at home!
Suggest you read more here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1070212 and here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1072156 and here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202953266441749&view=wall&ref=notif&notif_t=event_wall

It's usually pretty family friendly, some members bring thier kids out. My campfire can get a little rowdy at night but we don't camp with the main group to avoid bothering other people.

I'm going to be driving right past you (leaving from gardena on the 91) friday morning around 10am if you want to caravan with me and two other rigs. we camp off of boone road.

got the motor, trans, and tcase in the 2 door yesterday thanks to toyotawrench, Samo_xj, Mightywhitey, and turtle. now I have to get the driveshafts in, bolt the exhaust up, and get the front axle put back together. then it's just topping off everything with fluids and making sure all the electrical is hooked up right.

got the motor, trans, and tcase in the 2 door yesterday thanks to toyotawrench, Samo_xj, Mightywhitey, and turtle. now I have to get the driveshafts in, bolt the exhaust up, and get the front axle put back together. then it's just topping off everything with fluids and making sure all the electrical is hooked up right.

Do work son!

Back