• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goat Mtn Saturday the 10th (kids run)

was an o.k. trip. nothing to spectacular. just me n Terry showed up. Hit snow finally at about 2700'. got pretty deep about 3500', but it was raining and warm so what was left of the snow was melting FAST ! kids were cold, wet and hungry. sledding in slush sucked. threw my back out that morning before we left, which made things even more enjoyable. turned around just before the towers. i'll post a few pics in a bit.

Heading up
100_1480.jpg

found some slush :yelclap:

:dunno:

cold, wet, n miserable. . . . but smiling !
100_1488.jpg

Dogs had fun atleast
100_1490.jpg

100_1493.jpg

well atleast 2 of em did....
100_1494.jpg

100_1495.jpg

We both made sure my winch was still in good working order
100_1498.jpg

couldn't help but get our shoes muddy at least once
100_1504.jpg

100_1505.jpg

i shoulda been spotting instead of filming on this one. Damn near popped the bead on both rear tires at the same time. "rock n a hard place" ?

first off i would like to blame my gears for that last video. if thay were lower and i could go slower i could have crawled right up the root on the left and had no issues. thats my story and im sticking to it.

amazingly enough i wasnt late that morning. in fact, i was a good 45 min early. at least my doggies were ready before i was
DSC_3625.jpg

just the 2 of us
DSC_3626.jpg

all day took finess
DSC_3647.jpg

snow half way up the gate. that gate is a ways off the ground too.
DSC_3650.jpg

stuck
DSC_3655.jpg

DSC_3660.jpg

yup, the winch still works. stand tall little Jeep.
DSC_3661.jpg

one last effort to show me how much my gears suck.
DSC_3662.jpg

thats all i got. it was a short day but a fun one none the less. lets hope the snow comes back in a timely manor.

i was at 10. unless rods guage lies too. watching that video it doesnt look like thay squish all that much. these tires are pretty stiff though, 6-8 may be the magic numbers.

for the record my gauge did not agree with Karls. i ran mine down to 10ish then did the rest by sight untill i saw "the bulge" . i think with the melting slush zero psi still would not have helped much. Terry for the most part did fine untill he was pinched between the 2 stumps. tire pressure made no difference there.

Back