• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting by without an SYE?

I have 3.5'' leafs with 1.5'' shackles without do SYE kit and have had zero problems. But I do have a 1'' longer yoke that I got from RE and 8 degree shims to get the rearend inline with the driveshaft. Maybe I have just been lucky......

i have OME 3.5" leafs on my NP231 auto 2001 xj with no T case drop and no SYE, i was expecting my teeth to rattle out on the test drive after the lift but i honestly only picked up a SLIGHT seat of the pants vibe from about 45-55K, thats with the old stock U joints with 180,000 kilometers on them.

IIRC my drive shaft was sitting at 15° right after the lift and my T case to pinion was within 2.5°
things have smoothed out more since i put some K's on it,and i intended to do a SYE anyhow, but for someone to just jump in my jeep and drive it, i bet money they would never say anything about a vibe. its that faint.

the whole idea of a T case drop does not sit well in my stomach, especially with my low pinion front end.

Back