• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting back in the Game

would go 8.8 but I have heard a few bad things and figure why not run the direct swap.

Just curious. What bad things have you heard about the 8.8?

1997jeep010.jpg

1997jeep009.jpg

1997jeep008.jpg

1997jeep006.jpg

Brothers jeep and mine in the back...
1997jeep004.jpg

1997jeep002.jpg

1997jeep001.jpg

Pinion wedges needed replaced, Pin holding the leafs to the axle also needs replaced. Replaced the front pinion seal today, may or may not make it to URE this weekend, but will be there next weekend. Buddy is gonna tow it with his van (he races so its a tool van + lots of nice comforts lol, microwave, generator, etc...

New Gear oil front and rear, went and got all the fluids and a few extra U joints just incase. See what I can do though.

Need to get my hands on a xd9000i remote, rear bumper, driver tail light, passenger parking light, and need to fix my hatch (not a priority) trying to make a run to DH this week. Will be putting blocks on the rear to level it out, already has a shackle so just do blocks for temporary.

Last edited:
Not likely, I have never been a fan of the sway bar lol gotta add some towpoints to the front before the trip also,
Current $ in the jeep is at...

13 bucks, pinion seal
25 bucks, pinion angle wedges
350 bucks used 35 a/ts
random/nuts bolts... 9 bucks so far.
25 bucks, 2 inch blocks
90 bucks,Oil filter/oil/brake fluid/power steering fluid/gear oil/ probably some other stuff
90 bucks, havent ordered it yet, but need a winch remote

Probably some other things I can't remember... So yeah, its already a money pit.

Back