• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Shop - SE Portland/Gresham area?

Well, hindsight is always 20/20. I'm a small business guy myself, and I try to buy local and help a guy out where I can.....

And while I may be critical, when you specifically go over something, there isn't much excuse. Even Darrell said the studs not being in properly was unacceptable. Now I'm really beginning to wonder..... I called and texted mike again, and nothing.

Specfab, I wish I had taken it to you, lol had I known you did gears!

Now, any of you guys have any pointers for pulling the carrier? This is my first time, and it ain't movin!!!

If setup properly it will have quite a bit of preload. I put wood or a pile of rags under it where it will drop to. Then hold ring gear in place with a pry bar. Then rotate the piñon yoke in the direction to force the carrier out the front.

Thanks Dave, I got it out. Wedged a wrench on a ring gear bolt against the housing and then put a socket on another ring gear bolt below and got it to pop out.... Gonna be fun to get it back in. Hopefully Darrell has time to get it done tomorrow so I can finally drive it!!!!!

Pretty sad that Darrell has to clean up mikes messes! Mike finally texted me saying he was 'sorry' and 'didn't know how that got past him'...... I'm the one that's sorry, sorry I used mike in the first place. Hate to say it but were way past sorry at this point.

Got everything back together, and seems to be ok. Only have maybe 35 miles on it so we will see.

Fwiw I wouldn't take my dog to Mike @ '4play' I'm normally not this harsh but he's a hack, with ZERO 'customer service'! Took someone else calling him and chewing his ass to even get him to text me back. Spent a lot of time, and a fair amount of money to finish what I paid him to do. Very disappointed!

Back