• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1996 4.0L engine and AW4 tranny

Hoooper

NAXJA Forum User
Selling off my 4.0L motor and trans. The engine has 146k on it and runs great, runs smooth and drives good it just isnt up to the HP demands that I personally have for it. Has strong steady oil pressure. Comes will all the accessories except A/C unless you dont want them. I will also throw in the AW4 for free with the engine since I am not 100% sure the tranny is still happy with its life or not and wouldnt be willing to sell it without being sure. The engine is being fairly carefully pulled so if you have a harness you should be able to pretty much just drag and drop it in there. Plug wires, plugs, dist cap, rotor, PCV valve, PCV elbow, water pump, thermostat, rear main seal, etc. all new within the last 5k miles. Ill even throw in the stock tranny cooler and leaky lines if you want them :eyes:

Asking $500 For engine, accessories, and trans. Not a complete harness!
Will throw in the APN header (has no cracks) and 4 hole (Neon "703") injectors for another $100
Will also throw in the Brown dog complete motor mount bracket kit with urethane bushings for another $200. Mounts have well under 5k miles on them.

Engine ready to come out.

WP_20140406_002.jpg

Need to get it out of my garage to make room for its replacement

WP_20140408_006.jpg

yes. I cant say for sure that it doesnt need a rebuild, but it did shift perfectly fine. Ill give the trans away for whats usually a core price, $50.

Back