• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end noise and lots of friction

someone else here might be better qualified in the brake department. but basically you bleed them till you get new fluid coming out. some people will pump them dry then fill the res with new fluid and bleed it through.
just need to flush the old fluid out and have good fluid in there with good flow.

ecrogers said:
Turns out the brakes are rubbing. With the calipers removed everything spins normally with no odd sounds. I compressed the piston on the caliper and put them back on, put the wheels on, and they spun fine with no noise or friction.

Problem is, as soon as I started it and pressed the brakes they bound up again. Something is keeping the calipers engaged just enough to cause some friction. The pads and rotors look fine.
Any ideas?

sounds like the caliper is hanging up try bleading/flushing (don't let it run dry keep fluid in the res) but i dont' think that is your prob can you find which side is causing the binding or is it both if it is one side it is a hung up caliper but if it is both it could be something wrong with the master cylinder or prop valve. or just two falty calipers i beleive remaned calipers are like 30 from napa.

bj-666 said:
sounds like the caliper is hanging up try bleading/flushing (don't let it run dry keep fluid in the res) but i dont' think that is your prob can you find which side is causing the binding or is it both if it is one side it is a hung up caliper but if it is both it could be something wrong with the master cylinder or prop valve. or just two falty calipers i beleive remaned calipers are like 30 from napa.

It's both sides. I have an aftermarket Chrysler warranty so I might just take it in if I can find the time.

ecrogers said:
I have an aftermarket Chrysler warranty
why does this thread exist... i love working on my jeep, but if someone else will do it for me and pay for the parts - more power to them...

XJ_ranger said:
why does this thread exist... i love working on my jeep, but if someone else will do it for me and pay for the parts - more power to them...

Because I'm not sure, after I put the lift on, how willing the dealer is going to be to troubleshoot my brake problems. I wanted to get an idea if it is something I can easily take care of or if it is worth fighting with the dealer for a while.

Back