• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front and rear bumpers

Very nice. Good work....

Are you planning to make tube fender flares and welding them from your bumpers to rocker guards? Would like to see how that comes out....

How much do you think you spent on materials? Guestamate....

It's a strut I purchased from a salvage company. It not very stiff, it acts more as a stop to limit how far it will swing open. I can get you one if you want....I think it was less than $10.00 but I would have to verify.

What length is it? (TWSS!!!) No really looks like the extended length is about 12/14?

Curtis

Those are the ugliest bumpers I have ever seen.But me being a nice guy,I am willing to take them off your hands :laugh:Just playing Steve great design I might have to make another trip down to SD

Lastly looks like you did not uses the ball-socket style connection on the swing arm. What connection is it?

Curtis

I drilled the ball sockets out and ran 1/4 x 28 nut and bolt, through the tabs and drilled and tapped the bottom of the arm (swing out side) and bolted with locktite.
I'm leaving for the Mojave Road right now. So I'll measure the strut for you when I get back on Monday.:patriot:

Honestly. I think if these were for sale, I wouldnt even LOOK for other bumpers. These are the best bumpers I have ever seen for an XJ bar none. Great work

I like the front because it extends back farther on the sides and the hidden winch design. It doesnt block any air flow to the radiator as some other bumper designs do.
I think its very marketable......... What gauge steel did you use and are any pieces bent or just made from channel etc?

I like the front because it extends back farther on the sides and the hidden winch design. It doesnt block any air flow to the radiator as some other bumper designs do.
I think its very marketable......... What gauge steel did you use and are any pieces bent or just made from channel etc?

Both fron and rear bumpers are made from 2" x 6" x 3/16" wall rectangular tube.
The angular bends are noched, bent and welded.
I've been running them for about a six weeks now and have put both front and rear through thier paces. Both have taken some hits and are holding up well. The tire carrier is a more recent addition. I just ran the Mojave Raod last weekend and everythis works well.

b4d2ee51543a48bd9c566a04332426d1.jpg

7e040f2cc1d64a30a035fd485a3182c9.jpg

A little of topic but whats the specs on your lift? are those 33x10.50 tires? the bumpers looks awesome, did you use anything to insulate the lock side of the swing out or is it just supported by the locking bolt?

A little of topic but whats the specs on your lift? are those 33x10.50 tires? the bumpers looks awesome, did you use anything to insulate the lock side of the swing out or is it just supported by the locking bolt?

4.5" RE superflex with +1" ubolt eliminator from TNT and ACOS turned down +1 1/2". For a total of 5.5" in the rear and 6" in the front.

Tires are BFG KM2's 33 x 10.50 x 15 on Allied beadlocks.

The opening side of the tire carrier has a tapered support on the bottom of the arm and a rubber stop where the bolt attaches to prevent any rattling noise.

Steering is a custom built D30 high steer. See this thread and go to post #19.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...=998053&page=2

Let me know if you want more info.

Steve

have you run into any overheating issues with those lights in front of the radiator?

No oveheating. The lights are about 6" forward of the grill and don't seem to have any effect on air flow. I"ve done a number of slow crawls in warm weather
(80*+) with no issues.

Back