• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

from italy: my engine switch off suddenly

Hallo. There are a few things you can still do.
Switch the relays.(ASD,Fuel Pump) Use a fuel pressure gauge to see what the pressure is and stays.
Do you hear the pump working when you switch the engine on?
Look for bad contacts in the fuse box and battery.
Sometimes when engine is hot , a bad ignition coil can fail.

Greetings from Holland.

Hi, well, the fuel pump working, I aven't test if the pressure are correct, but work.
All the contact are good, I've remove and clean with spray all relays under the hood and in the fuse box.
My battery (optima red) have cables in good condition.
The ignition coil...... may be.... but I would like change only if are the source of problem.
Now I go around with xj and I see if when stall the spark plug make a spark!
I hope U have understude me, I know that my english are bad. excuse to all in advance.

Hi,
Have you fixed the problem? I would have said it was the CPS from your description, my 93 XJ did exactly the same thing, cutting out when it warmed up. Let us know if you have solved the problem.

cutting out: stalling for short period of time

"ceramic resistor" test. connect wire from one side to wire on the other side passing the resistor. the resistor is not necessary. it is only to quiet the fuel pump. part is called "ballast resistor"

I never got pics in my email, did you send them?

Do any of you that speak Italian have vonage? i hear they have free international calling now. maybe that would be easier to help Stefano.

2a5c9s1.jpg
[/IMG]

:helpme: what's my problem??? I think are elettrical, the cps are new, the battery and cable are fine rotor and cap are young sparg plugs are new, fuel pump work; now what's can I check?
the ignition coil - and module (ignition coil pack)
the ignition module
the ballast resistor
distributor and or sensor signal inside distributor
ignition switch
other??????????????????
I can't work around my xj in the week, just in week end, and also I don't want change parts random....

Last edited:
Hallo. I repeat my advice to check to fuel pressure in the right way.
Maybe there is a leak of the pressure regulator or a return valve in the pump.
Listen to your injectors with a stethoscope. Are they all ticking?
Check all the vacuum lines. No hissing?

p.s You can always test your ignition switch by moving all the cables around it. Maybe a bad connector.
wim

Stefan, sorry the CPS did not fix your problem. I have no idea what to tell you though.

Is that a giant schnauzer? I have one as well.

~James

There are some diagnostic connectors for the Renix XJs. The system requires a proprietary scanner called DRB, a dealership-only item, they can sometimes be found on eBay. It is strictly real-time, there are no stored codes.

But may be a good idea buyng one??? what's??? there are many model at very different price.... and someone know whats can I check with this scanner???

Last edited:
Back