• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

from italy: my engine switch off suddenly

Thanks, but with new cps the problem are resolved??? yes indeed when cold my xj run well, after some miles switch off.....
But U speak italian?

English and German, some Spanish.

Switch off? Motor stops?

Are U sure? because under the hood there are 2 connector that I think are for some diagnosis system.....

The diagnostic is in real time, it can be done with special tester. It stores no trouble codes, like OBD 1 and OBD II.

A Jeep (or Mercedes) dealer may have the diagnostic tester.

Are U sure? because under the hood there are 2 connector that I think are for some diagnosis system.....

There are some diagnostic connectors for the Renix XJs. The system requires a proprietary scanner called DRB, a dealership-only item, they can sometimes be found on eBay. It is strictly real-time, there are no stored codes.

In italy now are 8 p.m. (more or less) and I go to make a risotto (rice) with mushroom, I've also a very good bottle of red wine.... who want come at my home for dinner???
P.s.: wine and mushroom (porcini) come from "monferrato" hills, and rice from my country (vercelli).... north west of italy- piedmont region......

Controllerei il suo filtro di carburante, si potrebbe si fermare una volta la pressione è sviluppata nel suo filtro di carburante e prende ha bloccato.

Controllerei per assicurarla anche ha il filtro di carburante sul modo giusto, ci sono di piccole frecce mostrarla l'indicazione dello scorre.

Spiacente se questa traduzione è cattiva.

Do you have one of those ceramic resistor unit things inside your drivers fender? Should have one wire on each end of it. When mine went, my truck would stall at random...

Sensor_EGR_solenoid.jpg

It's the long white thing with the orange wires.

Controllerei il suo filtro di carburante, si potrebbe si fermare una volta la pressione è sviluppata nel suo filtro di carburante e prende ha bloccato.

Controllerei per assicurarla anche ha il filtro di carburante sul modo giusto, ci sono di piccole frecce mostrarla l'indicazione dello scorre.

Spiacente se questa traduzione è cattiva.

Good translation!
The fuel filter are intallated correctly, the arrows are in right position, and are some months old, but I can try to disinstalled and reintalled.....

Back