• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friggin' punk a$$ kids.......

next time string a winchline across the street and clothesline their damn vehicle

Why didn't you get the AR15 out? At least they would wet there pants then.
mrs_uzi_qleft1.gif

i thought about that too... but from the sounds of it, they might be the type to come back while your away and steal em.

those kids with an AR would NOT be a good thing.

but i guess that would give me a reason to bring mine out and wait for em!
mrs_uzi_qleft1.gif
mrs_uzi_qleft1.gif
mrs_uzi_qleft1.gif
:scottm:

A situation just like this happened when I lived in So. Cal.

My neighbor used to sit in a lawn chair in his garage and tinker with stuff. He kept a red clay brick on the end of the workbench... You probably see where this is going.

One day a bunch of punks in a car skidded around the curve down the street with tires squealing. My buddy hustled down to the end of his drive way and under hand tossed the brick into their path. (Technically speaking they hit the brick. He was trying to throw it to the neighbors yard across the street ;)) He seriously got their attention, they never came back.

There used to be a day when you could chase the kids down and give them something to think about. Now it seems you can't do anything without getting tossed into the pokey.

Now that is funny but im a kid. lol I personally never did anything of that sort but when people steal your fake cat, it gets REALLY funny haha.

My neighbor used to sit in a lawn chair in his garage and tinker with stuff. He kept a red clay brick on the end of the workbench... You probably see where this is going.

One day a bunch of punks in a car skidded around the curve down the street with tires squealing. My buddy hustled down to the end of his drive way and under hand tossed the brick into their path. (Technically speaking they hit the brick. He was trying to throw it to the neighbors yard across the street ;)) He seriously got their attention, they never came back.

:laugh: Damn great idea!! :peace:

When I lived in SW Indiana one thing the high school kids did for fun was drive down the country back roads in muddin pickup trucks and run down mailboxes.

One neighbor got sick and tired of it and came home from work one day with a 6' long 6" diameter auger bit. Dug a hole, filled it with cement, placed the auger bit, and set the mailbox on top of it. No more than a week later he had a pickup truck full of stunned high school kids wrapped around his mailbox post. Never did find the mailbox

He made them come inside and call their parents to come pick them up, that was the last time that happened.

When I lived in SW Indiana one thing the high school kids did for fun was drive down the country back roads in muddin pickup trucks and run down mailboxes.

One neighbor got sick and tired of it and came home from work one day with a 6' long 6" diameter auger bit. Dug a hole, filled it with cement, placed the auger bit, and set the mailbox on top of it. No more than a week later he had a pickup truck full of stunned high school kids wrapped around his mailbox post. Never did find the mailbox

He made them come inside and call their parents to come pick them up, that was the last time that happened.

:cheers::roflmao::roflmao::D

Thats funny.... I had a high school physics teacher that would put out an open invitation for anyone who thought they could take down his mailbox to do so (apparently it had been a problem in the past, he lived way out in the sticks). Many tried, no one succeeded.

Personally I was never one to mess with other people's stuff, but I heard of alot of people wasting a lot of time trying to take him up on his offer.

for awhile we had issues w/ some punks driving along and using baseball bats on people's mailboxes. my neighbor came up with this solution:

railroad tie sunk six feet into the ground.

got the largest mailbox he could find, then the next size smaller, and concreted the smaller one into the larger one......came out a couple days later and found a bat layin next to the mailbox with only a minor scuff mark on the exterior mailbox.

no one else had issues with their mailboxes after.

Isn't that illegal to do that with your mailbox?

I thought they were supposed to be installed so they 'break away' in case of an accident.

I thought they were supposed to be installed so they 'break away' in case of an accident.

we are talking the BOONIES in south central washington (south of the yakima valley) if anything hits the mailbox, its either the county road grader, or a farmer with a tractor. or an idiot deer.

below is the main street through town
town1.jpg

Probably. My post is a lot like ladywolf's in that this is middle of no where USA and was 20 years ago. Try either of those things in this day irrelevant of where and I bet it would be a vastly different reaction.

Heaven forbid someone get hurt for being an idiot but that's the world we've made.

well if you arent concerned about security cameras in high school parking lots I would find those cars and make sure the doors are locked, if not then lock them, then take a bunch of toothpics or copper welding rod for oxy-acetylene and then jam them in the key hole and break it off so their car is locked and will continue to be so until they break a window and unlock it from the inside (doesn't really work though if they have keyless entry, in that case just leave a post it on the windshield that says "I'm watching you, you dirty punk)

Folks, vengence, violence, and vandalism are not the answer. These are kids (juveniles) under 18, right? You're adults, right? Seek justice within the law, not outside of it. I don't need to tell you that an adult committing an intentional act of violence on a juvenile, will meet with dire consequences from the police. Whether you are justified on not, unless it's life or death, an overt act of violence against a juvenile, will get you in trouble and probably not him (or her). What if they came back with guns, instead of bags of antifreeze, to commit a drive-by? Step into the street with an AR-15? Not unless you want to go to jail. Assault with a Deadly Weapon? Possible, whether you point it, shoot it or threaten to shoot it. Felony reckless endangerment? Probably, in a plea deal with a good (expensive) attorney and a tired DA. And what do the kids(and only the driver most of the time) get charged with? Reckless driving, probably. Felony menacing? Probably not, unless someone expressed undue fear for/loss of life or serious bodily injury. If these are adults, (over 18), commiting these acts, it might be different; if they are first time offenders, same result. Too many years dealing with the law, and juveniles, tells me that in court, adult versus juvenile, adults always lose. And if the juvenile's parents, have money or a smart attorney, you lose in criminal court, and in civil court too. My advice; call the police and let them handle it

Folks, vengence, violence, and vandalism are not the answer. These are kids (juveniles) under 18, right? You're adults, right? Seek justice within the law, not outside of it........................... My advice; call the police and let them handle it

I believe we just got lectured...... :lecture:

:D

But, I can give this an update. A couple of the kids were found/identified and charged with Reckless Endangerment and a couple traffic charges. They wouldn't rat out their buddies. Personally, I'd have liked to have seen charges of Domestic Terrorism brought on the pukes.... :D ...... but at least they now know we mean business in our little 'hood. Apparently that neighbor did actually bust out a windshield of one of the cars during the last altercation. He said the Cops told him "Good for you!" and told the kid and his parents that charges WOULD NOT be brought against him for breaking the windshield as he had been harassed to his limit. Nice application of some common sense! If you keep poking the bull, you're gonna get the horns - especially if you keep coming into HIS pasture to poke him. :thumbup:

The Cops never did take a report from me.

If I see them again in my neighborhood - they WILL receive my full attention.

Nope, I'll hop in the truck, call the cops and follow 'em until they get stopped and demand they get charged with trespassing, or maybe even intimidation of a witness/victim since they'd have no legitimate reason to be driving around our block..... ever.

Back