• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Framerail Reinforcement Plates

like i said, i could not do it the way he did as i had to plasma cut the front and rear sections out of plate to make my coilover shock towers. angle iron would not work there. i'm simply refering to the center section, which i could have done with the angle iron.

Everyone keeps saying $80 savings, his run bumper to bumper, that kit costs $270 plus shipping. Looks more like a $200 plus dollar savings to me? I have the 3/16" angle, just need to weld it up. Why pay more for less?

You only really need the rears if you plan on attaching something to the "frame" if not there isn't a whole lot of need for the rears. The front extend all the way to the end of the frame horn, reinforcing the bumper and steering box area.

I will add my .02 here..

I used the Ruffstuff stiffners.
Reason being, they have a turn up at the body after going up the outside of the rail. For me that was a very nice place to attach my inside cage plates to to make sure that they are actually attached to the rails and there for the cage is also. That mixed with saving the time of any fab work. Time was at a very big premium when I was do these, I had very lil time left to build the Rig for King of The Hammers, stock class.

But after installing them, I still dont think I would waste all the time needed and effort and such to make a set. And as mentioned no one here but RS has the turn out on the top of the stiffner to actually allow you to bolt thru the floor.

Back