• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce ???

90xjDave

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone been on the fordyce yet? Just wondering how high the water is flowing this time of year. We didn't get that much snow so I wouldn't think that it would be all that bad, but just wanted to double check before we head out there.

90xjDave said:
Anyone been on the fordyce yet? Just wondering how high the water is flowing this time of year. We didn't get that much snow so I wouldn't think that it would be all that bad, but just wanted to double check before we head out there.

Dave,

Check Dreamflows, it will give you the flow of Fordyce Creek.

Andy

thanks, Andy.
looks like snow above the 4000 ft mark for today and tomorrow so we might postpone this trip and go play in the snow above emigrant gap. If we go, I'll post a trail report and pics on Monday!

90xjDave said:
thanks, Andy.
looks like snow above the 4000 ft mark for today and tomorrow so we might postpone this trip and go play in the snow above emigrant gap. If we go, I'll post a trail report and pics on Monday!

Dave,

Hell Hole is also currently open. May be more of a drive than you are looking for, however. Make sure you take the Ralston Ridge Rd to get to Hell Hole if you go. Mosquito Ridge still has snow.

Crash

How do you get to hell hole from the sac area. Our club is looking for some new places to go.

Thanks

jeepme said:
Crash

How do you get to hell hole from the sac area. Our club is looking for some new places to go.

Thanks

Up 80 to Foresthill Exit in Auburn, Right Turn, Go 18 miles on Foresthill Rd. Right turn at the sign to Hell Hole. Follow the signs 40 miles to Hell Hole. Make a left just before the Ranger Station at Hell Hole.

just a quick update
Fordyce was awesome! The trail was clear, water crossings weren't bad at all. Just a little below the top of the tires (running 35's). I'll post pics when I get a chance. I've had a crazy busy week so far, but I'll get them up soon.

I am going up Saturday......looks like snow!!!!!:thumbup:

How is Fordyce this time of year? Water high or low? I'm leaving tomorrow for a CA trip (family reunion) and will be doing the Rubicon while I'm up there. I was considering running Fordyce too. BTW, anybody have GPS coordinates for the trail? I've already got trail maps & all, but waypoints would be nicer.

Back