• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forced Induction Stroker?

FlexinCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering buying a Stage 3 4.7L Stroker motor from 505 Performance some time in the near future. I have the 4.0 H.O. in my '93 Cherokee currently. I have larger LS1 injectors, with the computer mapped for the them. If I do infact purchase said stroker, how will a turbo affect the computer if I do decide to mount up 505's kit. They sell an Accel fuel management kit for 750.00 extra, but my question is. How does the computer calculate load and how will it accommodate boost? I know it's pre-MAF, how would one go about "tuning" it once installed? Hoping one or some of you guys can give me a hand. Thanks!

How does 505 do it?

I am considering buying a Stage 3 4.7L Stroker motor from 505 Performance some time in the near future. I have the 4.0 H.O. in my '93 Cherokee currently. I have larger LS1 injectors, with the computer mapped for the them. If I do infact purchase said stroker, how will a turbo affect the computer if I do decide to mount up 505's kit. They sell an Accel fuel management kit for 750.00 extra, but my question is. How does the computer calculate load and how will it accommodate boost? I know it's pre-MAF, how would one go about "tuning" it once installed? Hoping one or some of you guys can give me a hand. Thanks!

The MOTEC system is the best, and makes the tune easy with a laptop pc. http://www.motec.com/m600/m600overview/ On a boosted inline 6, there is nothing better, and it is so easy to tune! :peace:

A master tech friend of mine did the computer mapping, i'll post the specs of the motor below. Not sure if it's the path I want to go down. The turbo would be extra $$$

New Crank 9000 Series Nitrided
Pro Rock H Beam Rods
Ross Racing Pistons
*Selected Ratio
Std/Std Clevite Teflon Coating Bearings
Stage 1 or 2 Cam Kit
*cam
*lifter
*4340 push rods
*4340 single roller chain and timing set
*cam retainer bolt and button
Standard Oil Pump
24lb Injectors
Price $2450.00

What are you trying to achieve? If you want a turbo, why not just turbo your 4.0L? Do you need a new rebuilt block?

I would like to have a stroker motor in my Cherokee, no particular reason. Just to have a little extra umph, when I get into the skinny pedal. I'm not too fond of running boost for very long on stock internals. A stroker would come first, a turbo is just an accessory.

If you are ever up near philadelphia, let me know. I think that a supercharger stock 4.0L will surprise you. Unless you need a rebuild...

FWIW, I've put 8lbs on our stock 4.0L for over 44K daily driven miles with no issues other than some gaskets and our slipping AW4. Chad @ Fringe Development however is helping us take care of that. I just wish his valve body upgrades we're available when we first turbocharged our rig.

Unless the motor is in dire need of a rebuild, the stock 4.0 is very capable of handling some decent boost if properly tuned.

I have also yet to see a 505 turbo setup on an XJ?

Back