• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For you conservatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom R. said:
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

I'd like to say "ah, another liberal!", but also hailing from Utah I realize not statistacally likely, but regardless; truer words never spoken.

Just for you Cal:

Yeah, why offend with style when you can offend with substance. . .

Oh wait, you didn't use either.:moon:

Last edited:
DWK said:
Yeah, why offend with style when you can offend with substance. . .

Oh wait, you didn't use either.:moon:

The material you have posted over the last day or two does not warrant either?

cal said:
The material you have posted over the last day or two does not warrant either?

Are you asking a question or making a statement? Not that it matters, you seem to be irrelavent. You don't add anything to the conversation.

DWK said:
I'd like to say "ah, another liberal!", but also hailing from Utah I realize not statistacally likely, but regardless; truer words never spoken.
I'm not from Utah, but I do call it home now.

Despite some sources attributing those words to Abe Lincoln, they were actually written in 1942 by a Presbyterian minister namded William J. H. Boetcker.

DWK said:
Are you asking a question or making a statement? Not that it matters, you seem to be irrelavent. You don't add anything to the conversation.

I haven't seen a conversation here yet, just a fool spewing utter bullshit.

And if you were a member or even a regular here, you would know that 'k' is there to be ironic.

cal said:
I haven't seen a conversation here yet, just a fool spewing utter bullshit.

And if you were a member or even a regular here, you would know that 'k' is there to be ironic.

Yeah, I've seen what you posted.

And you didn't really seem that cool, either.

Has he been nominated yet? 30+ post and hardly any of them are jeep related.

DWK said:
Yeah, I've seen what you posted.

You really haven't. Unless of course you're someones alter ego and trolling, in which case you lose your opinion either way.

DWK said:
And you didn't really seem that cool, either.

Hmm. I don't know why I broke these two sentences up, the same general reply applies to both.

GSequoia said:
Do you really want to be banned as a troll? You're trying awfully hard.

First off, I think it would be funny that I would get banned after all the bullshit that's been thrown at me, secondly, if you think that would hurt my feelings. . . if I want to come back I can always check out the interesting JEEP stuff as an unregistered veiwer or make a new log-in.

Seriously, I haven't been any more rude than certain people have been towards me. I guess using someones' argument against them is pretty shitty, though.

DWK said:
Seriously, I haven't been any more rude than certain people have been towards me.

That isn't the offense I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the fact that most of your posts are obviously created just to get an angry response from other people, that is trolling and is bad.

GSequoia said:
That isn't the offense I'm talking about.

You know, the reason I've always come here is to tap the wisdom when having a problem with my Jeep, and check out what other people have done with their Cherokees, and maybe feel a little sense of community. It's just gotten on my nerves about how right wing some people here are. I've even pointed out that I'm not all that far right of center, but the reaction seems to be this real "if you ain't one of us, you're one of THEM".

I do have to admit I've gotten a little off base from the facts here.

I don't know that you are an idiot, and for calling you that, I apologize.

your views and statements are those of an idiot, and i don't even you the embarrassment due when you come to your senses.

I'm with gsequioa here, stop trolling.

DWK said:
You know, the reason I've always come here is to tap the wisdom when having a problem with my Jeep, and check out what other people have done with their Cherokees, and maybe feel a little sense of community. It's just gotten on my nerves about how right wing some people here are. I've even pointed out that I'm not all that far right of center, but the reaction seems to be this real "if you ain't one of us, you're one of THEM".

In all reality, most people here don't even have a mental concept of 'us and them'. Certainly, I'm about the most neutral person you will ever meet - your posts however have been engineered to bring out an emotional reaction, and your apparent blind belief in the statements you have made puts you on the other side of that reaction.

DWK said:
I'd rather have a President who f*cked an intern and brought the deficit down than one who let the deficit ballon out of control while he f*cked me
New sig!!! :thumbup:

DWK said:
It's just gotten on my nerves about how right wing some people here are.
Some of the forums I frequent are very conservative and others very liberal. Unless you thrive on arguments, I've found that avoiding the heated discussions works fairly well. And no matter how asinine you find someone's stance on some issue, the chance of actually winning a debate on the Internet is next to nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back