• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For all you PNW jeep guys

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Whats the deal with the site? Haven't been able to see it in a few days.

john said lightning took out the server in eastern washington... was supposed to be up last night.

Is this a professional hosting company? Its pretty bad to be down that long for a professional company

99% up time gives 87.6 hours a year of downtime.
most companies have more than two 9s

99.9% = 8.76 hours
99.99% = 52.5 minutes
99.999% = 5.25 minutes.

I have a friend who works in a Five 9 data center and it goes nuts if things go down.

It's usually pretty reliable. Aside from an occasional hack from a DB, I haven't seen too many problems.

I have no idea how hosting policies are written, but I imagine that "acts of God" are excluded from any kind of guarantee.

The server is in a small town in Eastern WA. Fiber optics pole (along with other utilities) was taken out by lightning strike. Currently, areas of the town are without power, cable, internet etc. Their goal was to have everyone back online within two business days, meaning hopefully by the end of today. Location of the server will be changing after this. :D

The server is in a small town in Eastern WA. Fiber optics pole (along with other utilities) was taken out by lightning strike. Currently, areas of the town are without power, cable, internet etc. Their goal was to have everyone back online within two business days, meaning hopefully by the end of today. Location of the server will be changing after this. :D

I can get the name of the data center where the guy I know works, if you want.

I thought they'd just blocked me for being my assholeish self... :laugh2:

anyone having issues tonight? I cant seem to access the website.

Yes, it's down.... and thoroughly pissing me off. I may ACTUALLY have to do something productive. :D

godaddy has unlimited bandwidth unlimited storage for 7.99 a month right now.

Back