• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flare Reattachment

Made some progress on the trimming... As I said before I decided to add some pipe insulation, and I think it came out nicely. Here are some cell phone pics... I'll get some better ones tomorrow during the day.

SSPX0008.jpg

SSPX0009.jpg

SSPX0010.jpg

I kind of screwed up in the rear because I cut the end cap too short, and now it looks worse on than it does off... So I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.

SSPX0011.jpg

I guess I could just leave it off like the above pic... but I'm just not a fan of the stock bumper without endcap look. I think I'll just get a new endcap and get it on there and then reapply the pipe insulation. What do you guys think I should do?

Is that the foam type insulation you're using? How long do you think that will last? Looks pretty good tho. I think you should use jimmydaux's brackets. They look rock solid.

Yeah its actually rubber pipe insulation... not sure on how long it will last. seems to hold up pretty well, but time will tell. I've heard it lasts longer than one would expect...

also, anybody have any thoughts on what i should do as far as the end cap goes?

Back