• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fish-N-Fest 2013 TwinGrove Park.

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
**This is NOT an official event**

Last year, I threw out the idea of everyone getting together at the campground for a weekend of r&r. Little did I know that so many people would like the idea of heading out to TwinGrove just to camp out and enjoy everyone's company, so I say, lets do it again!
Same rules as last year. If you want to go fishing, awesome, we can show you where to go ( 5 minutes from the campground). If you want to go wheeing, well, you know where RC is from there by now ( I hope!). If you want to come up and do nothing, thats cool too. The campground runs their "Rodeo Weekend" on this date, so its a win-win if you have children in tow. They set up and hold a full blown calf-ropin', bull-ridin' show right in the Campground! Please join us!

Sept 6-8, 2013.

Rich

......correction....this date is tentative and subject to change...any thougts if if one week sooner or later is better?

I already have a cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday night!

I'm bringing my kids and we plan to hang out Friday night, wheel Saturday morning/afternoon, and then do the whole rodeo thing on Saturday evening. Leaving early Sunday.

Looking forward to it!!!

Jordan, I wasnt completely set on that particular date yet, it may be the weekend after. There are a few people that want it a week later because of conflicts/school, etc.

This is a reminder, folks, we need to set a date SOON, cabins fill up quick. So post some feedback if you are interested in coming up.

Rich

I will be on vacation that week and will not be able to make it for that weekend. But I will keep my eye's open if the date's change.

Jordan, I wasnt completely set on that particular date yet, it may be the weekend after. There are a few people that want it a week later because of conflicts/school, etc.

This is a reminder, folks, we need to set a date SOON, cabins fill up quick. So post some feedback if you are interested in coming up.

Rich

That's fine. I totally understand. I made my reservations a long time ago cause my kids really want to be there for Rodeo Weekend.

Rodeo Weekend is cool, Jordan, they will love it! I would do both if I could, and maybe still will. After all, you will need someone to 'wheel with at the park, and I wasnt planning on doing any for this particular "event", but I think I could swing coming up for both weekends. ...lets face it: two weekends back to back in Pine Grove? Oh, the horror! LOL
Rich
Shoot me a pm with your cabin # when you get a chance.

Last edited:
??? How soon???

I was planning on coming up Rodeo weekend too. I haven't made any plans at Twin Grove yet, but I know the kids will enjoy it. Same type of schedule as Jordan.

We got engaged the weekend before nacfest.

Well if andys kids are going then im in.

Ok, for clarity I am going to call it this way:

I will be there both weekends, 9/6-8 (Rodeo Weekend), and 9/13-15.

Rodeo Weekend is awesome. It sounds like there will be wheeling at the park that weekend.

9/13-15 will be the fishing/ hanging out weekend. A lazy time with plenty of relaxation, giant blueberry pancakes, and campfires. Set your calendars, kids, choose one (or both), and work out reservations with TwinGrove. On a side note, the second weekend is Chili Cook-Off weekend there, so flaunt it if you've got it.
Rich

Back