• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

firestone destination mt

98xjclassicblue

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at getting the firestone destination m/ts and i have herd alot of good reviews about them, but i wanted to get yalls opinion before i went ahead and got them :wave1:

I had a set of Dayton Timberline's, basically the same tire, I liked them. They were a bit noisy but held up to wear very well. Both of my son's have the Destination AT's on their XJ's and they have been great as far as wear goes as well. I know of a couple of XJ owners getting 50k out of the AT's, the MT should go close to that.

i loved my destinations, i ran them till they were slick.... i quit runnin em because they didnt make a 35 inch tire

they make up 37s but not in 15" range.. in 15" it stops at 33x12.50
i saw some 315x70x17 = 35 x 1250

mark

Well I'm a broke ass so I'm getting the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. They look good and seem like they will do well off road as well. Plus I'm still riding stock so it seems like the best bang for the buck.

So I was looking at pricing on that tire and its around the same price a little more for the Firestones. Would you recommend the Firestones he's talking about or the Goodyear Duratracs if you had the choice for a stock vehicle?

00classic is a Firestone guy. He has run some Firestone's but mostly on the road. give him a pm and he will give the srtaight poop on them.

if your on a budget look at the wildcountry mtx i bout some 33x12.5x15s for 138 a pieceand have had them for 4000 miles and they wear awesome as long as you rotate them regularly

Thats good news guys cause i can get a deal on them since my dad is good friends with the owner of a local firestone about 20 min from me!

How good of a deal and how many of these good deals can you get? I'm in need of some new kicks here in the next couple of months......:D

Weak side walls is all I can say about them... But other than that there a good tire

Im not sure if i can get anyone a deal on them but ill go and ask on monday and let you know, and i have herd about the weak sidewall but that shouldnt effect me since im not doing any crazy rock crawling, im manly in mud and trails and the occasional uwharrie trips =)

Yeah man they have everything, thats right your Andys friend. You need 31s? Buddy of mine has a set of nice ones, MT's, hes been trying to get 300 but I can get em substantually cheaper if ur interested.

They are an offbrand made by BFG, can't remember the name, 10/32 tread. Can have them mounted for free probably since he works at firestone. Let me know. 31x10.50s

Back