• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filarski's XJ Pre-runner build

bitchin build! been wanting to build me a little cnc gantry for my plasma for a while.

Tony, just wait.
You will pee yourself I think, with happniess lol...

MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Hang in there. Ryan made some changes to the original plan. We're going a different direction with the front suspension.
We should have some parts to look at early next week.

For Sale: Custom Currie Built 31 spline Ford 8" Jeepspeed front axle...

Up-date:
Still smokin ass hot here...
Upholstry guy showed up with the back seat last night. Materials matched the front PRP's perfectly.
IMG_3626.jpg

Hang in there. Ryan made some changes to the original plan. We're going a different direction with the front suspension.
We should have some parts to look at early next week.

For Sale: Custom Currie Built 31 spline Ford 8" Jeepspeed front axle...

Hell yeah, I smell TTB!!!!

Hell yeah, I smell TTB!!!!
WTF would they ruin a perfectly good straight axle application like that.

I Doubt it.. :nono:

:)

Ive seen some back seats in my day, and thats a pluckin back seat! gosh nabbit!

Bet you did, bent over with your nose in the seat cushion.:roflmao::moon:

Last edited:
Progress has been a tad slow due to the weather being pretty gnar...

Ryan and I were bench racing about putting a TTB suspension under a Cherokee the other night and before we knew it the plan was changed. No more solid axle for this one..

We had a complete hub to hub Twin Traction Beam all lined up but it fell thru at the last minute, so at this point we're still trying to locate another complete set up.

We got the front axle and suspension pulled out (FYI, all front susp, Axle and shocks are for sale)
Ryan pulled all the front sheet metal parts off as well as the radiator and related cross members.

IMG_3631.jpg

Since theres no need to stick to 1700 rules anymore, theres no need for inner wheel wells up front, so we got to cutting....

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

All cleaned up and waiting for parts now...
IMG_3636.jpg

It's going to fold like a taco. :)

Ride on, looking forward to seeing it. Dana 35 or 44 ttb? I went around and around about putting ttb on my old jeep, but in the end I got an explorer for the bigger cab area, and it already has ttb, but mine is getting a d44 ttb. But, I like what you guys did with the beack seat, that would have solved it for me, all I needed was room for a bench seat for my kids. The exploder has just that much more room, mine is also getting linked in back. Look forward to the progress, all ready looking super titties!

well i guess im not as stoked on the ttb setup but look forward to the rest of the build

You guys get my message about talking to Dan about my stock Bronco setup? I gave it to him a while ago and he hasn't updated his build thread on gofastbroncos.com in a long time....... speaking of which..... wanna start a build thread over there in the non-bronco section? I know everyone there would dig it and we have some VERY knowledgeable people on the site.

You guys get my message about talking to Dan about my stock Bronco setup? I gave it to him a while ago and he hasn't updated his build thread on gofastbroncos.com in a long time....... speaking of which..... wanna start a build thread over there in the non-bronco section? I know everyone there would dig it and we have some VERY knowledgeable people on the site.

I've still got all the parts...and a 3rd member, too. My plans have changed as well, and I most likely won't be using them.

Back