• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filarski's XJ Pre-runner build

Ok sometimes i see jeepspeeds where the shock mount on top of the ubolt plate is in the center and others it off to one side (cant remember toward the rear or front). What is the diff.? Is it because the springs arch isnt direct center of the ubolt plate?

I think the lower shock mount location is usually going to depend on where you want the top shock mount to be and how much angle you want to run on the shock.
Also...
Sexy build. Make hand party with axles!

Made some decent progress this weekend.
One thing I skipped was the cage landing points and chassis stiffening.
We cut frame plates and some brackets that serve as the cage tie in, the nerf bar and allow us to mount a tube to help stiffen the chassis.

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

Ok sometimes i see jeepspeeds where the shock mount on top of the ubolt plate is in the center and others it off to one side (cant remember toward the rear or front). What is the diff.? Is it because the springs arch isnt direct center of the ubolt plate?

I've seen it off-set before also. If you off-set the shock to the inside of the spring plate it puts the shock far enough inside that you only have to cut a hole in the floor and not cut the wheel well open.

We centered it and massaged the wheel well with a BFH.
We may end up cutting the well still and have our apholstry guy close it up for us.

Ryan finished the triangulation in the cab and mounts for the PRP seats.
IMG_3553.jpg

We started working the rear shock mounts.
Started by cutting the plates that join the two tubes. Then made a rough template to get a visual of the mount and then drew the rest in up CAD.

IMG_3602.jpg

Cut and broke the main mounts and then made templates for the caps.
IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

Nice upper rear shock mounts. Great cage ideas.

Lookin' good.

that looks like the best looking set of sliders I have ever seen. either that or the coolest frame stiffeners ever... or BOTH.

do want!

Another thing we’ve been working on is the rear seat.
Ryan has a 7 and a 10 year old that need fit back there and your average racey bench/bucket seat just flat out doesn’t fit well in these things.
So in an effort to make the back as comfortable as possible (as possible, mind you) We decided to customize the factory bench by re-mounting it, shortening the back, moving the lumbar portion forward about 4 inches and adding padding on the sides and center to dish the seat.

IMG_3552-1.jpg

This pic was taken before we added padding to the center, but I forgot to snap a pic before we sent it off to the upholster to have it covered and matched to the front PRP’s.
IMG_3568.jpg

Awsome. thanks for the pics. I also wanted to keep the rear seat but kinda ditched that thought based on the fact that the b pillar hope hast to be back so far. Maybe not for kids but any normal sized human i didnt was the liability. Thanks again for the pics and ideas.

YOU'RE the one that choose to live in Hell, during the summer.. :)

Nice to see you guys at it again!!! Give me a ring, I'd love to come out and bug you while you're doing all this!!! :yelclap:

When is my Bronco's turn? :kissyou:

Back