• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filarski Bros. Baja 1000 Prep

I've had Brett's AW shifter in there for years. I wanted to put a new one in but cant seem to track the guy down...

Go with one of these, works great and they ship out fast.

http://radesignsproducts.com/default.aspx

Oh and might want to put nylocks on the spare alternator and starter bolts, they may vibrate loose otherwise.

Looks good, give the other guys a run for it!! They are getting cocky. :jester:

Everything gets Stover in the end.

Qyuick update. 3rd members back together with the new gears and bearings from Motive Gear. Loosnuts Dan came over yesterday and stuck it in the housing.

IMG01630.jpg

Mount for the new trans cooler from PWR is done (no pic) and lots of other misc. things that I dont have pics of...

Ryan whipped up a quick mount for the spare front and rear driveshafts.
IMG01638.jpg

Looking good guys :cheers:

That dash really looks sweet!

Wish I was closer so I could help out some.....

Some great ideas for spare parts mounting, especially the heavy stuff like axle shafts and driveshafts.

Some great ideas for spare parts mounting, especially the heavy stuff like axle shafts and driveshafts.

I agree, awesome ideas for mounting stuff. I would love to see more pictures of how you guys mount everything else if you could.

How long do you have until the race?

I agree, awesome ideas for mounting stuff. I would love to see more pictures of how you guys mount everything else if you could.

Thanks.
I'll try to get some better pics of that stuff up soon.

I get back into town tonight and Ryan, Scott Hartman and Loose Nuts Dan have all spent quite a bit of time working on the car this past week.

It should be rolling again today and ready to roll into RVMD's paint booth tomorrow.
More pics coming soon. :cheers:

Mounted the spare altenator and starter and the spare steering box (not pictured)

We used to just keep this stuff in a bag that was strapped to the floor that would always eventualy come loose, which could be hazardous...

IMG01596.jpg

You should flip that starter over, so dirt falls out and not in. ;)

Good eye

During the 500 we had to change the air filter 2 seperate times and 3 during the 06 Baja 1000.

This year we're stepping it up though.
The filter used to be a farely normal sized K&N/AEM filter, but Scott Hartman hooked us up with the worlds biggest K&N filter and mounted it in the cab where it belongs...
IMG01647.jpg

You can also see the removable race radio mount. The radios face sticks thru the fiber dash... (obviously)

Last edited:
Back