• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler Price for 1988 Cherokee 4.0L 5DR

Who wants to buy parts. Bring your own wrenches...Part out party
Lets have this thing stripped by the weekend.
Make offers, etc. No reasonable price refused.

I do however disagree with your philosophy there guys.
Those are not REAL case senarios when you quote your prices.
Those prices you list, or book prices, are if it has been run into the dirt, and puters and coughs at you.

If the jeep was in its original condition, which mind you, I could have left it that way, and it still would have ran. I din't rebuild this thing, becasue I needed to. i did it cause I wanted to. Little difference in, "help me get it running to sell it," VS. "Hey, I just dropped a shit load into, and now think I might have to sell it due to timing, and change of events." Either way, that's two opinions, I know there are others.

HAHAHAHA LOL....everyone on here thought they were gonna get all this for nothing, for twigs, and berry's. HAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But really here, thats fine, if it aint worth nothing together, or per part, then cool.

No, its just from looking at what, historically, different XJ's sell for based on how "built" they are. I would have to say it would take something miraculous to get a member to pay more than about 2 grand for an '88 XJ with a 3 inch lift that isnt RE (or comparable), no rails, bumpers, etc...and even that would be considered on the high end. Nobody here is trying to hurt your feelings, it happens every time someone comes here and asks "what is my XJ worth?" because bottom-line, its worth about twice as much to you, or more, than it is to anyone else.

Understandable. I am also taking private messages and emails from people who are seeing this as well and may not be replying openly. My feelings aren't hurt, but rather frustrated at having to do this, and realizing I may lose my arse on it.

Juts so everyone understands, I dropped $3K into in the last 45 days. It just doesn't seem right to lose all the money in 18 months, but then I guess I learned a lesson here...

Hell, I see things go for close for 5-6k in the San Diego area. I guarantee you'll find someone on craigslist that will pay more.

That is a super clean Jeep. The problem with selling jeeps is that those that know how to do the work, judge it based on their time...not the value of a repair/installation. Those that want a daily driver won't appreciate the odds and ends you put into it.

But either way, you're bound to get at least twice what you'd get in this forum on craigslist.

Good luck!

If you have put that much money into it and have had it that long I say keep it. It will last forever and you will miss it when its gone and will wish you had kept it. If you must sell it craigslist might be your best bet. The fact is that when people look at it they arent looking at the time and $ you have invested in it, they see a 20 year old jeep, then they keep looking and find a 97+ for less than 6K, and the age itself just looks more appealing.

Back