• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FEELER: '99 XJ trail rig, or part-out

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It's been wheeled hard.
icon_innocent.gif

103k miles, runs great
NP242 transfer case
Power windows and locks
Mostly somewhat white, with a silver hatch and door
Removable front doors
Vented hood
Carpets removed, floor rhino-lined
5" lift (or thereabouts, I think)
Armored - TC skid, engine skid, rocker rails, and diff covers
Rear quarter panels cut and folded
Ford 8.8 rear - spooled
D30 front - Detroit locker
Currie Steering
and Cruise Control
roflmao.gif

Some other stuff I don't recall at the moment

The D30 housing is likely tweaked, as it frequently breaks shafts, and it is difficult to seat a replacement shaft into the differential. I have a replacement D30 housing ready for swap-in.

I am keeping the wheels and tires. I can swap an old set of stocker wheels onto it so the buyer can move it.

>>>>>

I posted this as a 'Feeler' because I really don't know yet whether I want to deal with the PITA of a part-out.

... and I haven't yet decided on what I might think it's worth as-is, or how I might want to price the parts if I decide to part it out.

Suggestions? Offers?

Pics forthcoming... Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Who knows motorcycles?

I have a guy wants to trade for a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650. I would consider it, because it might be easier for me to take the trade and then sell the bike, if it's a fair trade. 7k miles.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Not sure i would do the trade for the bike, it's not anything desirable as far as speed/power/handling go. To me that's kind of a chick bike.

After the new year I'm going to be looking a body with motor and trans if you end up parting it.

That right there could be the nudge I need to do the part-out.

After the new year I'm going to be looking a body with motor and trans if you end up parting it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the going rate for a body that's in great condition?

I would take both tc and engine skid. Any chance the 242 has an sye? Long arms?

No long arms.

I am nearly certain that it has an SYE. I will check it this week.

A few others have asked about the armor, so some or all of the armor is likely spoken for.

Last edited:
Someone make me a fair offer on this badass trail rig. Or the part-out begins.

Back