• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

February 16 - I hope there's snow run, Big Bear, CA

nice, going to try and make it then. Only have wheeled with a few people off the board before, Vanimal, jeeperjohn, and my good friend Garret. So im looking forward to meeting everyone. didnt get a chance this week because of work, to get my front locker in but no worries have been through almost all the trails in BB without it.

John

i went threw big bear last weekend (yes while Chris Dorner was hiding) anyway they weren't requiring chains we cruised up in 4wd high and never had a problem. What trail are you guys running i finished building my xj last weekend and would love to take it out.

Trails are really going to depends on who else is there and what Jeep I'm driving. I have shocks inbound that should show up tomorrow. IF they do I'll be able to take the big Jeep, otherwise I'll take the little Jeep but still coordinate a good time.

Trails are really going to depends on who else is there and what Jeep I'm driving. I have shocks inbound that should show up tomorrow. IF they do I'll be able to take the big Jeep, otherwise I'll take the little Jeep but still coordinate a good time.

You're always a good time. At least that's what Avery has told me. :shhh:

Just listen to the spotter and you'll learn a lot. These guys going on the runs will help you and you'll learn just how much your jeep can and will do.Without breaking it.

Just wanted to post and let everyone know currently Caltrans is showing all roads to big bear R0 no chains required for all three routes.

Okay, let's start out with who is confirmed to be up there on Saturday?

My shocks did not make it so I won't be able to take the big Jeep with the lockers and winch. I'll be up there in the small Jeep. My dad will have his Jeep though, that's on 33s with lockers on each axle.

One more question to folks.

Given that I won't have my big Jeep so we may not be able to get too deep into things would you rather go play on Saturday or go to the 4x4 and snow Recovery class on Sunday. That class is put on by the forest service and I'm sure will be very informative, plus you'll earn hours for the AAT program. There should be at least basic snow wheeling instructions for all as well.

So, what say you? My main concern is I don't want to end up being a drag on folks since I'm driving an open/open rig on 30s. Plus snow wheeling without a winch handy can be nerve wracking (my wife still remembers an ill-advised trip on 3N16 a few years ago. My shoulders also still remember winching myself out with a high lift and chain).

Back