• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

February 16 - I hope there's snow run, Big Bear, CA

If you go Rattlesnake you can hit Mottino Wash 1st.

Yup.

2N02 is special for me, it's the first road I drove on and will probably be the first one my children do as well.

They'll be in a more suitable vehicle though, I was driving a 1978 2WD LWB one ton Dodge Tradesman van.

I hope to make it up, but may be looking for a seat to ride biyatch & let my rig sit (or drive the Altima). Almost anything seems to make my shoulder flare up now, especially the cold.

You all laughed at me for saying the cold hurts my bones, now you know how i feel during the winter.I love my desert and people say they want to move out of this heat.I say pack up and get the flip out.Live your life in the cold damp place, not me.I walk the walk, I just don't talk it.haha.

On that note i hope i get my heater core in for this but it isn't looking good at this time.

I go up to Big Bear all the time to snow board and hang out with my chick, we always take the TJ ans have never had an issue about not having chains. Not saying some of you have but if this is whats keeping anyone from wheeling, i know ill be coming up without any :) looking forward to trying out the new front locker and meeting some of you guys!

John

I think I don't get to make it.

If I can, I certainly will, but there are some things going sideways that require my time, attention, and money.

I will be in Calimesa/Yucaipa that weekend now, so if things are for some reason going spiffy, I'll try to arrange to hitch a ride up from somewhere near the bottom of the mountain (I'll be in my Altima). I would be very happy for any number of reasons if that happens.

First time snow wheeler here<----- So is there anything really different in the snow, other than ice and slipping off ledges and such?
Any special recovery gear needed?
Does the snow make easy trails hard?
If you see me near the top of the mountain pulled over, don't worry. I'm just installing my front drive shaft. (removed for freeway travel)

First time snow wheeler here<----- So is there anything really different in the snow, other than ice and slipping off ledges and such?
Any special recovery gear needed?
Does the snow make easy trails hard?
If you see me near the top of the mountain pulled over, don't worry. I'm just installing my front drive shaft. (removed for freeway travel)
Why not install at the bottom of the mountain?

Back