• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

February 16 - I hope there's snow run, Big Bear, CA

Yes No chains required how ever if you go thru 2N71 and take any side trails some of that may not have been traveled. That Is where I like to go the road less traveled! 2 weeks ago even when all else was drivable those dead end spurs were good going in but I had to chain up to get out up the grades. You may not experience this if you have 12.50 or less wide tires. My 15.50 float way to much for up hill traction but are great on tundra like areas! Hence I had to chain up and stand on the skinny to churn down to the road! We did get 8" and another 1/2 to 1" from last fridaythru monday so it should be good wheeling!

Last edited:
Recap:::::
Awesome day. My first time doing a trail like this.
The snow was perfect and so was the weather.

Detailed recap......sequoia popped his radiator early into the run and had to turn back. Wrt, Waz and myself continued on to concur John Bull.

I had to plug 2 sidewalls. Do not ever buy mud claw tires ..No matter how cheap they are.

We yanked up a couple of icey hills. And I needed to be guided through the big stuff.

Great day, thanks again.

ps. I am going to have a bromance with wrtusmc

Yeah Sequoia was out just shortly after the gate keeper on John Bull.

The rest of the trip was good though, nothing major just a tire and a truetrac on my jeep bit the bullet :-(.

Mako, i think im in the same boat with ya lol, anytime you wanna wheel just hit me up!

Thats funny i never had a problem going out with Sequoia.Maybe it is cause i wasn't there to keep him inline.Yea thats it.

Glad to hear you all had fun, wish i could have made this.

D'oh... Sounds like it was good I didn't go. I was going to be Sequoia's dad's biyatch.

I was in Yucaipa doing post-chemo care for my ex-MIL (who is awesome). Friday night she told me to go wheeling on Saturday, and I said "Nah, I'll just hang around here longer, I didn't really want to go anyway" (lie). Good thing I stayed, as we ended spending Saturday in the Urgent Care & ER getting a (luckily non-life-threatening) blood clot diagnosed. I hung my halo :angel:eek:n her wall when I left, truly glad I chose not to go wheeling on Saturday.

Good girl and kudos for doing the right thing. You have all of your life left to go wheeling and time will come when you can enjoy it without stress.
It seems right now your family needs you more and those must be trying times for you to go through. Hang in there.

img9517812.png

img954270.jpg

Back