• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Favorite Dutch oven recipes.

My cousin cooks a lot in his Dutch oven when we camp out at our farm. His peach cobbler is good! along with about everything else he makes in it!
Not to derail this thread, but dang Aaron, how many cousins you got? You seem to have one for every situation in life, and they have all done it all. lol

Not to derail this thread, but dang Aaron, how many cousins you got? You seem to have one for every situation in life, and they have all done it all. lol

I'm gonna say somewhere near 30(Its the JK one I was talking about in important who cooks in the dutch oven), well 29 now. I have a big family. Don't be a Hater, Michael! :D

Sounds like the typical family in Utah.

They keep the stadiums schedules open for family reunions around here.

We aren't Mormon.....We're just Kentuckian! :D

I had the best Cobbler out of a Dutch Oven at the Cherokee Crawl this year. Wish he was on here so he could share his recipe, its pretty amazing.

Sounds like the typical family in Utah.

They keep the stadiums schedules open for family reunions around here.

We aren't Mormon.....We're just Kentuckian! :D

There is a bit of a difference.

The Utahan lines tend to have many branches that converge into one family (read that how you will).

The Kentuckian lines tend to branch out slightly then go right back into the fold repeatedly.

The bread recipe on page one is super yummy. We make it at work alot. We add lemon zest, rosemary and Asiago cheese. Another variation is to add dried cranberries, toasted almond slices, orange zest and orange juice instead of water.

At home I like to saute' onions, garlic and crushed tomato, add a handfull of shrimp, sear off a dozen chicken wings, saute a few links of andouille sausage. Toss in two boxes of creole rice mix. Add some chicken stock. Toss it all in the oven and let it cook together.:cheers:

There is a bit of a difference.

The Utahan lines tend to have many branches that converge into one family (read that how you will).

The Kentuckian lines tend to branch out slightly then go right back into the fold repeatedly.

No, No, No.....That's West Virginia dummy!

Flexy's family tree is a stick. Lol.

I know where you can stick that stick......Jerk! :D

Back