• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FarmFest for July 4th

Such is the nature of my job, I wont be able to make it.
Y'all have a great time, do a shot of Don Julio for me!
See ya next time.

Well.... I started my exhaust manifold project last night and looks like I wont make it after all. Damn it...

2 or 3 case's of beer and a big bottle of Jegermeister on ice, 2 BIG PHAT try tips and I am soon to be on my way out to the Farm! :D

See you all soon!!!!!!

Thanks Andrew family, it was a lot of fun!

Was more freeway drama on the way back though. Ended up being a brush file just south of Gorman and an incident at the 5 and 14 so I went back through Lancaster/Palmdale yet again... There was a SECOND wreck (a nasty one) on the 5 Northbound at the 14 by the time we got there so we probably saved a total of three hours by taking the diversion.

I'm tired now ;)

Thanks again Matt and Jeni for hosting this and allowing me to fawk up the program, although I think we made up for it at the campfire.

It was great to meet everyone and being able to put faces to names.

The rig made it back with only one minor issue. The front brakes started dragging when I hit 152. Luckily Jess stopped by and helped me rebleed the fronts. After that it was smooth sailing.

Since there was no chopping this year, I vote that selarep's Jeep gets to be the one chopped up next year. I'll make sure I bring more beer next time :D

Thanks Matt and Jeni!

My kids had a great time, it's starting to look like we might need a bounce house and a jungle gym for the kids. Well the sober ones. :puke:

Anyway, thanks for making Brad feel welcome. He has really caught the XJ bug, so hopefully we will be seeing him at some more events later.

My only complaint is Scrappy not coming through with the DIRT CAKE!!! :rattle:

ChuckD said:
My only complaint is Scrappy not coming through with the DIRT CAKE!!! :rattle:

I'll say.

I figured it out. Scrappy is low man on the totem pole until he learns how to weld. :D

Good time, good to see you folks, and thanks Matt and Jeni for the hospitality.

Oh, and G... we made it through on the 5 with only a minor delay. :D

--ron

Thanks Matt and Jeni for the hospitality.
Thanks Andy and Lisa for the place to stay.
Thanks Ron for bringing me the tires.
Good times!

:cheers:

Letterman said:
That was a blast, but I think I left my liver somewhere on the farm.

Thanks Matt!

I found it!!! It was right next to mine under the chairs by the camp fire. We're grilling it up with some onions tonight. I found another over by the dumpster, but I knew it wasn't yours cause it was way to pink & normal colored... I think that one was Opies...

FarmerMatt said:
I found it!!! It was right next to mine under the chairs by the camp fire. We're grilling it up with some onions tonight. I found another over by the dumpster, but I knew it wasn't yours cause it was way to pink & normal colored... I think that one was Opies...

was it next to a pile of partially digested cherieo's?

spudly said:
Thanks again Matt and Jeni for hosting this and allowing me to fawk up the program, although I think we made up for it at the campfire.

It was great to meet everyone and being able to put faces to names.

The rig made it back with only one minor issue. The front brakes started dragging when I hit 152. Luckily Jess stopped by and helped me rebleed the fronts. After that it was smooth sailing.

Since there was no chopping this year, I vote that selarep's Jeep gets to be the one chopped up next year. I'll make sure I bring more beer next time :D

So, is the junk O.K.?
Maybe with the heat and the master being over filled it caused excessive pressure making the brakes drag?
Sorry I couldn't be more of a help but I have all my work done at the dealer. :confused1

Junk seems fine. Haven't had any brake issues since, looks like it getting the extra fluid out was the ticket.

Cool, glad I happened along and was able to help. :thumbup:
Be sure and go through everything, thighten all the bolts/nuts/screws and you should probably rebleed the whole brake system again.

Back