• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog

I have a silly question. Is Tellico totally closed now?

I really liked having the Fall Flog at Tellico.

XJ16FW said:
I have a silly question. Is Tellico totally closed now?

I really liked having the Fall Flog at Tellico.

No, but the only hard trails open are upper 2, guardrail, helicopter, and schoolbus. There are a large number of trails closed and it would put us all on 2 routes, maybe 3. A lot have said till they get it all straight they would nto go back.

Ghost said:
No, but the only hard trails open are upper 2, guardrail, helicopter, and schoolbus. There are a large number of trails closed and it would put us all on 2 routes, maybe 3. A lot have said till they get it all straight they would nto go back.

It's very sad but I've watched Tellico go from worth wheeling (less than a year ago)... to I won't be back anytime soon...

Basically everything's "smoothed" over.. Guardrail's still there, Helicoper Pad also.. But Schoolbus is do-able in an open XJ on 31's now... Upper 2's still the same but like it's been said all the other trails have basically been paved... You could drive a geo metro up to Guardrail now and probably even make the bypass...

If it were 45mins. away I'd go back.. but riding the gravel road (Trail 1) for 30-45 mins. to wheel Tellico.... just isn't worth it...

We were there on a Friday afternoon on the 4th of July weekend... and there were 2 other Tow vehicles in the parking lot... and we didn't pass a single person on the trails.....

Sorry to hear that. If y'all go to Uwharrie, I will come in my XJ, if you go somewhere harder, I will bring the Ramchrger, but I will probably go one way or the other.

I vote URE... It is only about 3 hours for me, basically the only place within a short enough distance to make it down and back in time for school.

flash2pablo said:
I vote URE... It is only about 3 hours for me, basically the only place within a short enough distance to make it down and back in time for school.

I seriously doubt there will be a "vote"... because if there was a vote and Uwharrie was an option... well it would win due mostly to the fact that approx. 75% or so of the SEC members are from NC/SC...

Goes back to the whole "Carolina's Chapter" that never got off the ground... only the issue's compounded even more now that fuel ranges from $4.00 for Gas to $4.75 for Diesel...

The SEC is geographically too large to please everyone... As much as I'd like to go to Windrock it's just not economical for me to tow 600 miles around trip ($200.00 for fuel) for a weekend... especially when Harlan's 140 miles less, Callalantee's 400 miles less ($70.00 for fuel), and Uwharrie's 425 miles less....

Also it's vice-versa for the guys from AL, etc. traveling to Uwharrie, etc....

What can you do???? Have 2 events and let the masses choose which they want to attend?

uncc civilengineer said:
I seriously doubt there will be a "vote"... because if there was a vote and Uwharrie was an option... well it would win due mostly to the fact that approx. 75% or so of the SEC members are from NC/SC...

URE is an option.

Wasn't there some trails in East TN. I remember doing Monteagle a few years back. Are they still open?
If they are this is a option as well.

has anyone heard of copenger's cove? i've been there a few times, and my friend and his group (axletwisters) went this past weekend... i think he said it's either near nashville, or in the direction of nashville from chattanooga...

AETNA!

my only concern for aetna, is that there is no trail map, and not enough "organizational-abilities" there. i've enjoyed the times i've been out there, i just don't think Aetna would suit an event like the flog...

...but it's local! :)

uncc civilengineer said:

Goes back to the whole "Carolina's Chapter" that never got off the ground... only the issue's compounded even more now that fuel ranges from $4.00 for Gas to $4.75 for Diesel...

The SEC is geographically too large to please everyone... As much as I'd like to go to Windrock it's just not economical for me to tow 600 miles around trip ($200.00 for fuel) for a weekend... especially when Harlan's 140 miles less, Callalantee's 400 miles less ($70.00 for fuel), and Uwharrie's 425 miles less....

Also it's vice-versa for the guys from AL, etc. traveling to Uwharrie, etc....

What can you do???? Have 2 events and let the masses choose which they want to attend?

good point....

i agree...coming from bama...that is alot of gas for round trip to come up there to ride.

I agree with the 2 different events. Let the carolinas handle their own stuff. Personally I have no desire to ride URE after having multiple people tell me I'de be boared after one day. I'm not worried about driving but my time and gas has to be worth it.

MELKORsXJ said:
has anyone heard of copenger's cove? i've been there a few times, and my friend and his group (axletwisters) went this past weekend... i think he said it's either near nashville, or in the direction of nashville from chattanooga...
It is near Jasper TN, but with all the anti offroad sentiment around there, I don't think it is an option for an "official" NAXJA event.

Let me chime in here. I don't know tha two events is the right way to do it. I know most of URE is easy to a built rig but there are things there now that can challange everyone. Uwharrie Stables has chimed in and I will get in touch with them if we end up having something there. Honestly, when I go to URE I run Daniel, then head over to Kodak to play on it. I usually eat a late lunch at Kodak. Now if it rains there you can forget it. All bets are off and its fun as hell. There is also a nice hill climb on Dutch John. What I'm trying to say is that for a one day wheeling fest URE is almost perfect. I can see however why people from Al would not want to drive that far. :wierd:

Plus I know there are some out there that love mud but most know my opinion of it and I want something to challenge when dry.

Well believe it or not last night I had came up with the idea of having east & west Chapter rides for the Flog. So still gonna wait till after riding Mountainside this weekend before I post up a poll..but by the posts so far I would say that it looks to be URE & Winrock for the Flog.

Back