• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fake bead locks can be good.

Typical Beedlocks aren't DOT approved because the DOt doesn't have a test for them and doesn't want to spend the money to make one.

However this thread isn't about beadlocks. It's about fake beadlocks and that they actually do serve a function. Like this:

fordyce1b.jpg

And this:

wheel.JPG

I don't worry about bending or tearing the lip, cutting the side wall on a torn lip, ripping off my valve stem or loser's on the rubicon trying to show me how stupid they are by making fun of my wheels. You want to spend $600 or more on a set of wheels go right ahead. To me that is pointless and stupid because I've never had a wheel come off the bead but I have had FUBARed wheels and tires - but I'm not going to go around telling people on the trail that becuase wtf do I know about them.

AND... I think they look great. Which is good enough a reason for anybody to get them if they want to. So all the l33t b336 l0ck dudes can kiss it!

Ahh I feel better.

Jes said:
How about this... fake beadlocks without the fake beadlocks? Then they wouldn't be lame. :D :D

Jes

LOL - fake fake beadlocks are lame!

M&M's of course!

We wouldn't want to offend any gays here would we? I just run Ultra fake two piece rims. I wouldn't want anyone giving me crud about running fake bead locks.
But....my neighbor just got back from the Rubicon with some of his hard core buddies. He runs fake bead locks and he is grateful for the extra protection they offer...you should see how torn up they are......
How about just ending this here...either you like them or you don't....big hairrry deal....

Jump This said:
He runs fake bead locks and he is grateful for the extra protection they offer...you should see how torn up they are......

Perhaps he needs driving lessons? ;)

Jes

Last edited:
You got chocolate in my peanut butter!

Y'all some of the brightest bulbs on the Jeepin tree, but ya must have Too Much Time on your hands...

Please come up with something better to argue over. Anything! Bring back the AT vs MT debate, BB or 3", death wobble or just bad eggs for breakfast, paper vs plastic....

Anything done (or undone) will have varying results to an individual, depending on his/her expectations and the execution of the example in question. Circumstance and luck weigh in as well, with mixed results.

OTOH alot of tech or technique issues bring up good points about safety, reliability, and fuctionality, so feel free to share what you can. Please be tolerant and respectful of others, since there often will be several points of view brought to your monitor. Rest assured...your way is not the only way. :)

Thanks for participating...

Economos said:
.........and what looks functional............

Looks functional? That's an oxymoron.

basalt51 said:
............I don't worry about bending or tearing the lip, cutting the side wall on a torn lip,.....................

Dude, my black steel rockcrawlers were way more beat up than that and they didn't have fake bolt heads for the 'bling' factor. And at $35 per, I didn't feel bad about beating the hell out of them anyway.

Wow, I start a thread because I'm cheap and don't have the bling to spend on real beadlocks, leave town for a couple of days, and look what happens. Man, you guys took this in a whole new direction. I simply stated one simple function of fake bead locks, leave you guys alone and you fling Pandoras Box wide open. I'm not saying that I'm going to run out and buy a set of fake beadlocks, I allready have the $30 rims, they work. What I'm saying is that it would have been nice to have something protecting my valve stem. A fake beadlock looked like the cheapest way to acomplish this. (remember, I'm cheap) By the way, thanks for all of the insight on the real beadlocks.

Neil
P.S. leave Pandoras Box closed this time :)

I like steelies, cheap, just like me, lol, jk. Its funny to read through all of this bitching and get to the end and see how stupid most of it was, not all of it, i learned some new stuff, so maybe there is a purpose.

hunh

yeah...it got a little hairy there for a while didnt it...lmao

Neil said:
Wow, I start a thread because I'm cheap and don't have the bling to spend on real beadlocks, leave town for a couple of days, and look what happens. Man, you guys took this in a whole new direction. I simply stated one simple function of fake bead locks, leave you guys alone and you fling Pandoras Box wide open. I'm not saying that I'm going to run out and buy a set of fake beadlocks, I allready have the $30 rims, they work. What I'm saying is that it would have been nice to have something protecting my valve stem. A fake beadlock looked like the cheapest way to acomplish this. (remember, I'm cheap) By the way, thanks for all of the insight on the real beadlocks.

Neil
P.S. leave Pandoras Box closed this time :)
[/QUOTE

Now you tell us!

Fake Flowers

Back