• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabricated front bumpers.

I'm not a fan of hanging an anchor two feet off the front.

I built this one for my wife's MJ.
IMG_9676.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

I built this one years ago for my XJ.
IMG_3018.jpg

Willy

Her are the ones I'm currently working on. It's taking far too long, but everthing usually does!!

bumperpic.jpg

bumper007.jpg

bumper010.jpg

bumper011.jpg

bumper005.jpg

morebumperpic008.jpg

morebumperpic004.jpg

bumper013.jpg

bumper020.jpg

bumper025.jpg

I still have quite a bit of work to do, but it's coming along nicely. I plan on cutting a radius on the end of the mounts, and drilling them for the sleeves that I plan on putting the anchor shackles through. I just hung them on there to get the visual of what it will look like. I plan on wraping some steel around the end to clean up that gap, but that will be one of the next things on the list!!

Bumper looks good, one question reguarding the mounting. Did you just cut vertical cuts in the bumper for the D-Ring mounts to go through and then just weld it all together?

Its 2x6 rectangle and the ends are just angle cut? Thanks

Bumper looks good, one question reguarding the mounting. Did you just cut vertical cuts in the bumper for the D-Ring mounts to go through and then just weld it all together?

Its 2x6 rectangle and the ends are just angle cut? Thanks

Sorry, I haven't checked in for awhile!! Yes I cut vertical slots throught the bumper and slid it on to the frame mounts, to be welded togther. The tubing is 2"x5", HTH!! Here are some more shots of the front, sans the hoop over the winch, and some of the rear.

bumpertackingfinished001.jpg

bumpertackingfinished002.jpg

bumpertackingfinished003.jpg

rearbumperpics010.jpg

rearbumperpics009.jpg

rearbumperpics004.jpg

Bumper clamped in place to check the depth in which it will sit. It is right where I wanted it to be. Now I have to finish the brackets, so I can tack it together.

rearbumperpics006.jpg

This shot shows how flush the bumper fits.

Back